This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
American Express and the US Travel Association (a non-profit organization dedicated to promoting US travel) have partnered to offer discounts and deals with various travel brands and loyalty programs during the next month, including hotel packages, points/miles purchase promos, rental car discounts and more. These deals are called the Daily Getaways.
Each day we’ll hash out the details of that day’s deal to see whether it’s worth taking advantage of.
Today’s deal goes live at 1 pm EDT, and you can sign up for alerts if you’d like to be notified when the deals go live.
All of these promotions have the added benefit that you can save an additional 10% by purchasing with an Amex card, like the Platinum and Premier Rewards Gold, or even co-branded cards like Delta Gold and the Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card from American Express.
Friday June 13, 2014: Palazzo/Venetian Hotel Suites in Las Vegas
- Two nights in a Seina Suite at the Palazzo for $675, 42 available
- Two nights in a Piazza View Suite at the Venetian for $550, 50 available
These deals have more availability than a lot of the other Las Vegas Daily Getaways thus far, and they don’t expire until April, 2015. Although they don’t include bonus amenities like show tickets, airport transfers or dining certificates, these deals are worthwhile if you’re planning on a weekend stay at one of these particular hotels.
Weekend rates in a Seina Suite at the Palazzo are up to $399 in July, whereas a weekday rate is only $159. As for the Venetian, the Piazza View Suite is a whopping $579 per weekend night in July-more than double the Daily Getaway price. I stayed in a Fortuna suite at the Palazzo once a few years ago and loved it, so I might go for this deal to try out the Seina suite. Naturally there are much cheaper hotel rooms to be found in Las Vegas, but if you have your heart set on a suite in the more luxurious Palazzo or Venetian, try for the deal.
Though the Business Gold Rewards card doesn’t have the benefits package of the more premium Business Platinum Card, it also doesn’t have that card’s $450 annual fee. In fact, the $175 annual fee on this one is waived the first year, so getting it is like a risk-free trial of its benefits plus it comes with appealing bonus spending categories like 3x on the category of choice and a range of 2x spending categories as well.
- Special Offer: Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $5,000 in purchases on the Card within your first 3 months of Card Membership
- Get 3x points - Choose 1 out of 5 categories
- Plus, 2X points on the 4 remaining categories and 1X points on other purchases
- 3X and 2X apply to the first $100,000 in purchases in each of the 5 categories per year, 1X point per dollar thereafter
- Track, organize, and stay on top of your business expenses with powerful expense-tracking tools
- No foreign transaction fees
- $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $175
- Terms and limitations apply
- See Rates & Fees