This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
There are a few fun travel contests and sweepstakes going on around the web this week. Here are some of my top picks to win great travel prizes!
Win Up to 100,000 Starpoints for your Vacation Action Photos: Send Starwood your best vacation action shot and win Starpoints. Participants must first register on the Action Shots Vacation Photo Contest website prior to submitting a photo. Submit by uploading a photo directly on the website or by posting to Instagram using the hastag #SVNActionShotsContest. Each photographic entry must be no larger than 20 MB and must be submitted in .jpg, .jpeg, or .gif format. The grand prize is 100,000 Starpoints, first prize is 25,000 Starpoints, and second prize is 10,000 Starpoints. Participants must be legal residents of the 50 United States (including the District of Columbia), Canada (excluding the Province of Québec) or Puerto Rico, and be 21 years of age or older as of May 15, 2014 to enter. Enter by 11:59 p.m. EST on August 1, 2014.
Win Up to 300,000 Avianca LifeMiles: If you have the LifeMiles Avianca Visa, your LifeMiles Visa purchases will automatically enter you to win. You’ll receive one entry to win for every net dollar spent on regular purchases with your LifeMiles Visa Card, like gas, groceries or coffee. Double the number of entries for every net dollar spent on Avianca tickets, baggage fees and snacks. There are six drawings for 50,000 LifeMiles, and a Grand Prize Drawing of 300,000 LifeMiles. See the photo below for the drawing date calendar; the last drawing will be on November 12, 2014 with a final entry date of October 31, 2014.
It’s not too late to apply for the LifeMilesVisa if you’d like to participate in the contest but don’t yet have the credit card.
Win a Trip to The 2015 French Open in Paris: Lacoste is sponsoring a contest where you could win a grand prize vacation in Paris. One winner and one guest will get tickets for two of the first three days of the 2015 Roland Garros (aka the French Open) tennis championships at the Roland Garros Stadium in Paris, France, roundtrip Economy class air transportation for the winner and one guest from a major commercial gateway airport near the winner’s residence to a major commercial airport in Paris, hotel accommodations for two for five nights at a hotel in Paris, and a gift card in the amount of $1,000.00 redeemable at any Lacoste boutique retail store. Simply fill in your information to enter. The contest is only open to legal US residents physically located and residing in the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are at least 18 years of age or older at time of entry. Enter by June 8, 2014, at 11:59 pm PDT.
Win a Trip for Four to Walt Disney: Southwest Airlines is sponsoring a contest to win a family trip to Walt Disney in Florida. The winning prize includes:
- Roundtrip airfare for four to/from Orlando, FL provided by Southwest
- Airport transfers
- Hotel accommodation for four
- Entrance passes to Walt Disney
- Various other prizes like gift cards, photo pass services, dining passes and more
Participants can complete the online entry form once per day for various entries to win. The contest is open only to legal residents of the 48 contiguous United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older as of May 2, 2014. Enter by 11:59 pm ET on May 31, 2014.
Win a Europe Cruise for Two: Enter to win a European cruise for two from Holland America Line. The Grand prize consists of one 7-11 day Holland America Line Europe cruise in 2015 for the winner and one guest, including accommodations in one state room and most meals aboard the ship. Participants must fill out the online entry form and agree to receive emails from the Holland America Line. The sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia, and Canada (excluding Quebec) who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry. You have plenty of time to enter, just make sure to do so by 11:59 pm PT on March 31, 2015.
With great transfer partners like United and Hyatt, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards