This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Every time I visit Paris, I fall more and more in love with it. There is an energy to this city and a magique in the air that is unparalleled and just walking down the avenues it hits you immediately. I have been here multiple times and the moment I leave I am already planning my next trip back. This time around I was able to see friends, go out to wonderful cafès and I spent a night at the W Opera (stay tuned for my review).
This week for our reader giveaway, I wanted to share one of the many treats that I enjoy when I am in La Ville-Lumiere (“The City of Light”) which comes from Maison Ladurée, the lauded patisserie famed for their delicate macarons. Although they have opened locations in around the world, nothing beats sitting in their tea salon on the Champs Elysees sitting on some champagne and a cafe, eating a sweet treat and people watching, it’s Paris at it’s best! For this week’s giveaway, I am going to give one winner a gift pack from Ladurée including scented candles from their beauty line and boxes of their fresh macarons flown in from Paris every morning in such flavors as rose water, lavender and salted caramel.
- Comment on this post and what your favorite spot in Paris is, or if you haven’t gone, what site you would like to visit. Where you would go? What special boulangerie do you recommend?
- Post your comment to this post by 5 p.m. ET Thursday, May 29th to be eligible.
- You can only enter once.
- The winner will be chosen at random and announced in next Thursday’s giveaway post.
- The winner will have five days to respond to our email getting your contact information (we get your email information from the Disqus commenting system).
Last Week’s Winner
And the Winner of Last Week’s Prize of a $440 travel gift certificate is…Agustin R.!
After the updated Barclaycard Arrival Plus World Elite MasterCard was released last week featuring the EMV Chip + PIN technology (which I used at the RER station once I got into Paris earlier this week) I explained that the card gives 40,000 bonus miles, which is equivalent to $440 when redeemed for travel. I asked how you would use a $440 travel certificate, and we it got a lot of great entries and the random winner is Agustin R. who said “So many places to go to…I could fly to Montana to see the Mount Grinnel Glacier… Then make my way to Nevada to see some Geysers… Followed by a drive to the east to see the Monument Valley in Utah. Then on my way back to Florida, I might stop in Arizona to check out Schnebly Hill and the Havasu Falls.” Congrats Agustin, we hope that this prize helps you get to these incredible destinations!
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards