This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you’re a parent who travels with your children, you already know the irritation of high fees when renting a vehicle with car seats and the anxiety of adult-sized lap belts in taxis – or even none at all. You’ll be happy to know, then, that ride service Uber has just launched uberFAMILY, a special on-demand car seat option for parents who want to travel with their tykes in tow. With the Uber smartphone app and a $10 surcharge, you can now have peace of mind that you’ll be able to safely buckle up your kids in state-of-the-art IMMI Go car seats.
In case you don’t already have the Uber app on your smartphone, you can currently get $10 in Uber credits for signing up (and we’ll get $10 when you take your first ride, so thanks in advance!).
Once you have your Uber app, here’s how to access the uberFAMILY option:
- OPEN your Uber app and tap the person icon in the top left corner of the screen
- SELECT ‘Promotions’ and apply promo code ‘FAMILY’ to unlock the new uberFAMILY feature
- REQUEST uberFAMILY
- RIDE with your child safely buckled up in a car seat
For the launch of uberFAMILY, Uber teamed up with The Car Seat Lady’s Dr. Alisa Baer, who trained Uber’s drivers how to use the IMMI Go car seats. When you request uberFAMILY, expect not only a car seat, but a professional driver who has been certified by The Car Seat Lady.
If you have further questions about this service, be sure to visit Uber’s Parent FAQ page – and have happy, safe travels!
With great transfer partners like United and Hyatt, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards