This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
American Express and the US Travel Association (a non-profit organization dedicated to promoting US travel) have partnered to offer discounts and deals with various travel brands and loyalty programs during the next month, including hotel packages, points/miles purchase promos, rental car discounts and more. These deals are called the Daily Getaways.
Each day we’ll hash out the details of that day’s deal to see whether it’s worth taking advantage of.
Today’s deal goes live at 1 pm EDT, and you can sign up for alerts if you’d like to be notified when the deals go live.
All of these promotions have the added benefit that you can save an extra 10% for purchasing with an Amex card, like the Platinum and Premier Rewards Gold, or even co-branded cards like Gold Delta SkyMiles Credit Card from American Express and the Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card from American Express.
Daily Getaway For Friday May 30: Theme Park Tickets To SeaWorld and Busch Gardens
- Visit Any SeaWorld park for $49 (900 available)
- Visit Any Busch Gardens park for $45 (640 available)
The prices offered in this deal are substantially cheaper than what’s available through the SeaWorld and Busch Gardens websites (even for children), so it’s worth buying if you know you’ll be visiting one of these parks within the next year.
Normally, an advance-purchase one day weekend ticket for SeaWorld costs $80 for either an adult or child (ages 3+), while weekday tickets are $65. The cost is between $15-$30 higher if you purchase upon arrival at the park. Therefore, the $49 package is a great deal, and since there are many available, I suggest taking advantage if you know you’ll be visiting SeaWorld. You can buy up to six.
The same costs apply for Busch Garden tickets, and since the Daily Getaway price is even lower at $45, this is also a deal worth jumping on if you plan to visit the theme park soon. Don’t forget to use an Amex card to save an extra 10%!
While this premium card has one of the highest annual fees on the market, it has several valuable perks that could make it worthwhile, depending on your travel patterns. These include a $200 annual airline rebate, lounge access, free Hilton Gold status and free Starwood Preferred Guest Gold status.
- Earn 40,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $3,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- 5X points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 a year for baggage fees and more at one airline. Terms Apply.
- As a Platinum Card Member, you can enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations worldwide. Terms Apply.
- Enroll to enjoy the benefits of complimentary Hilton HHonors™ Gold Status with your Platinum Card.®
- No interest charges because you pay your balance in full each month.
- Terms and Conditions apply.
- See Rates & Fees