This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Dining rewards programs enable you to link your miles-and-points-earning credit cards and airline or hotel loyalty program accounts of choice to earn multiple miles or points per dollar when paying for meals and beverages at participating restaurants. Sign-up bonuses tend to hover around the 500-mile or -point mark, and often require a minimum spend thereafter to continue earning.
Hat tip to Mommy Points for alerting us to an opportunity to score 500 free UnitedMileage Plus miles just by signing up for the MileagePlus Dining Program by July 10, 2014. To sign up, you must be a first-time program member, create an online profile, and link up to five different credit cards to facilitate payment at participating restaurants. You can then earn up to 2,500 additional United MileagePlus miles by dining five times within the first 30 days of sign-up at any of the program’s participating restaurants – with no minimum spend.
Your potential haul from a month’s membership in this program – including five restaurant tabs that can each be as low as a single beverage – is a total of 3,000 miles!
Note that if you opt to receive emails from MileagePlus Dining with a valid, deliverable email address, you’ll earn 3 miles per every dollar spent; if you opt out of receiving these emails, you’ll earn only 1 mile for every 2 dollars spent. Once you rack up 12 or more dining spends within a year of your sign-up, you’ll achieve VIP status within the program and earn 5 miles per dollar.
Keep in mind that miles earned via MileagePlus Dining Rewards are in addition to those earned on the rewards credit cards you link to the program, such as 2x on dining with Chase Sapphire Preferred or up to 5x with the Chase Freedom. In addition, you’re also able to use your chosen restaurant’s own in-house coupons and discounts.
To find participating restaurants near you (or at a destination you’re visiting), visit the Quick Search and/or Advanced Search fields on any page within the MileagePlus Dining Program site, and enter the name of a city, neighborhood, zip code and/or full address.
To take advantage of this 500-mile bonus, be sure to sign up for the MileagePlus Dining Program by July 10, 2014, and allow 6-8 weeks for the miles to show up in your United MileagePlus account.
The standard sign-up offer for these co-branded cards is 30,000 miles after you spend $1,000 in the first three months, so the current bonus is a significant step up. TPG values United miles at 1.5 cents apiece, so this 50,000-mile sign-up bonus gets you $750 in value.
- Special offer: 50,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open
- Check your first bag for free (a savings of up to $100 per roundtrip) when you use your Card to purchase your ticket
- Enjoy priority boarding privileges and visit the United Club with 2 one-time passes each year for your anniversary
- No foreign transaction fees
- Earn 2 miles per $1 spent on tickets purchased from United, and 1 mile per $1 spent on all other purchases
- Your miles don't expire as long as your credit card account is open, with no limit to the number of miles you can earn
- Use your miles for any seat, any time, on any United-operated flight at the MileagePlus Standard Award level
- $95 annual fee