You don’t often see big new member bonuses from hotels – usually they’ll throw you a couple thousand points or a discount code – but Marriott is offering a new member bonus of a free night at a Category 1-5 property for folks who sign up and complete two stays within 120 days of the end of the month in which they sign up. So if you signed up in January, you’d pretty much have until the end of May to complete your two stays and earn the free night.
To earn your free night:
- Join Marriott Rewards and be automatically registered to earn your free night certificate
- Stay twice at participating hotels during your earning period*. Your earning period starts the day you enroll through the end of that month, plus an additional 120 days
- Earn a free night at a category 1 – 5 hotel after your 2nd paid stay
* A stay is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity.
What’s great is that this promo is stackable with Marriott’s upcoming Megabonus promo where you also earn a free night (at a Category 1-4 property for most people) after two stays – so if you join now and register for the Megabonus, you could actually get 2 free nights after 2 stays, which could be a pretty great deal.
Here are the rest of the new member promo terms.
Terms and Conditions
- This promotion is valid for new members who enroll in the Marriott Rewards® program on or after November 4, 2013.
- Your earning period starts the day you enroll through the end of that month, plus an additional 120 days.
- Make two paid stays at a participating Marriott® hotel during your earning period to receive a free night certificate at any participating Category 1-5 hotel.
- Stay at participating Marriott hotels, which include the following brands: JW Marriott®, EDITION®, Autograph Collection® Hotels, Renaissance® Hotels, AC Hotels by MarriottSM, Marriott Hotels & Resorts®, Courtyard by Marriott®, Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott®, SpringHill Suites by Marriott®, Residence Inn by Marriott®, TownePlace Suites by Marriott®, Gaylord Hotels® and Marriott Vacation Club® brands.
- Stays at our exclusive luxury hotel partner, The Ritz-Carlton®, will count toward achievement.
- A stay is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity.
- Please note that this is an electronic certificate and will be automatically deposited into your Marriott Rewards account after completing two qualifying paid stays.
- Certificate must be redeemed within one year from the date of issue.
- Certificate is for a standard room type.
- You may use additional Marriott Rewards points to upgrade your room type, subject to availability. At participating Residence Inn and TownePlace Suites properties, Certificates are for a studio or one bedroom.
- Certificate is valid only in connection with individual travel and is not applicable to group travel, package tours, conventions or other special rates and/or package programs.
- Certificate may be used to pay for the expense of your room and related room taxes only.
- The Certificate may not be used to pay for food, beverages, service charges, other taxes or other incidental expenses.
- You will not earn Marriott Rewards points for room charges or room tax covered by the Certificate.
- The Certificate is good for one night, for one room only, and does not count toward Elite-level membership.
- Nights spent while redeeming an award are not eligible for credit. Existing Marriott Rewards members are not eligible.
- For participating Category 1-5 locations, click here or call your local Customer Support office.
- Certificate must be used by the member.
- Certificate cannot be extended past expiration date or re-credited for Marriott Reward points.
- The Certificate is non-transferable and has no cash value.
- All reservations are subject to Marriott Rewards redemption availability.
- To verify your Free Night Certificate or other account information online, log in to your account at MarriottRewards.com.
When redeeming your Certificate:
- Log on to Marriott.com to make your reservation
- Once the reservation is complete, the hotel will receive an electronic notice of your free night Certificate
- You will receive an email confirmation of your award reservation
- You can also make reservations by calling 800-MARRIOTT
- Advise the reservation agent you will be using a Marriott Rewards Certificate
So if you don’t have an account yet, now is the time to sign up.
Disclaimer: The responses below are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.