This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
To earn up to two free nights:
- Register by March 31, 2014
- Stay between February 1 and April 30, 2014
- Earn a free night at a category 1-4 hotel after the second paid stay, up to two free nights
- Free night award will expire one (1) year after the date of issuance.
- An earned free night award is good for one (1) single or double occupancy standard room only and includes the cost of the hotel room and applicable room taxes only.
- An earned free night award will be added to the member’s account within 3-5 business days after the second qualifying stay.
- Stays at Ritz-Carlton count.
- Members electing to earn miles are not eligible for this promotion.
You might actually get a different offer when you log into your account and register because Marriott specializes offers for each member, so what you have in your Marriott.com account may vary depending on your past stays and your elite status. Other offers being reported from the current Megabonus running through January 15 included points bonuses of 25,000-50,000 points for anywhere from 12-25 paid nights as well as free nights at Category 5 hotels as well.
To find out which specific offer you get, you will need to sign into your account. If there’s nothing there, it’s worth emailing or calling Marriott Rewards to see if you’re eligible or whether someone there can help you become so, and if you’re an elite member and hear of a different offer that interests you, it’s worth calling and asking Marriott to adjust your promo since they have done so in the past for certain members.
While I’m not wowed by the promo, it could be worse, and earning a free night after two paid stays is decent – especially if you can rack up the paid stays at cheap Category 1-2 properties and then use your nights at higher Category 4-5 properties.
As you map out your 2014 elite strategy, remember Hyatt’s winter free night promo also just launched where you can earn 1 free night at a Category 1-4 property (and Hyatt’s Category 3-4 properties beat Marriott’s hands down) after every 5 paid nights up to a maximum of 4 free nights, as well as point bonuses of up to 50,000 points if you max out your stays.
If you register and get a different offer from Marriott, please report back in the comments about what you get. Even after the introduction of the Chase Sapphire Reserve, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is still a fantastic choice if you want to avoid the Reserve’s $450 annual fee, earn 2x on all travel & dining and earn a 50,000 point sign up bonus.
Even after the introduction of the Chase Sapphire Reserve, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is still a fantastic choice if you want to avoid the Reserve’s $450 annual fee, earn 2x on all travel & dining and earn a 50,000 point sign up bonus.