Update: The registration page is now open and you should be able to view your offers.
Earlier this week, IHG Rewards revealed that its first quarter promo for 2014 would be a new version of its current “Big Win” promo, and will run from January 1 – April 30, 2014. Pre-registration is supposed to open on Monday, but it should actually open sometime over the weekend at this site. In order to be eligible, you must be a member of IHG Rewards and you must register in advance, so I would recommend doing so when registration opens so you don’t forget.
Big Win aims to be a customized rewards promo and offers will differ among members to give personalized benefits. Last time, IHG touted a minimum of 50,000 bonus points or 10,000 airline miles available to each member over the course of the promotion. The first night stayed earned 1,000 points or 500 miles, and then the offers varied by members in terms of stays, brands or number of nights.
How it works:
- Current IHG® Rewards Club members and new members can register for the “Big Win” hotel rewards promotion here.
- Receive custom offers to win points or miles such as: stay more and earn more, stay on the weekend to win or explore our brands
- Stay to start “winning”
- Track your offers and rewards via a customized Rewards Tracker here.
IHG gears this promo as one customized to each rewards club member, so offerings vary from person to person and according to elite, but here’s a sample offering from last time around for an IHG member without elite status, though if you have been a long-time IHG Rewards member or have elite status, your offers could be more lucrative):
- Try one and done: Stay at any IHG hotel and receive 1,000 Points
- Stay more and earn: Stay a total of 4 nights and receive 4,000 Points
- Explore more brands: Stay at 3 different IHG brands and receive 10,000 Points
- Book with us: Book 2 separate stays through an IHG hotel website or mobile device to get our best price guarantee and receive 2,000 Points
- Win in a weekend: Stay 2 Saturday nights and receive 8,000 Points
Then at the end of the promo, if you completed all your offers before December 31, 2013, you would earn an additional 25,000 bonus miles, so hopefully there will be some similar bonuses this time around.
I’ll report back when the promo and various offers go live, but if you register and find your promo offers, feel free to report back on what you are offered in the comments below.
Disclaimer: This content is not provided or commissioned by the credit card issuer. Opinions expressed here are author.s alone, not those of the credit card issuer, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the credit card issuer. This site may be compensated through the credit card issuer Affiliate Program.