As well as announcing a 10,000 point increase for the Freedom sign up bonus, Chase has also increased the Sapphire Preferred sign up offer to 45,000 bonus points. You will receive 40,000 bonus points after spending $3,000 in the first 3 months and an additional 5,000 points when you add an authorized user to your account.
- Sapphire Preferred points can be transferred (usually instantly) at a 1:1 ratio to partners like United, Southwest, British Airways, Hyatt, Marriott and more. Tip: you can even transfer these points to other people- names do not have to match accounts.
- If you want to use points for any flight, they are worth 1.25 cents each. So the 45,000 sign-up bonus would equate to $562 in credit to be used on any trip and you earn miles on flights redeemed using this method.
- There are no foreign transaction fees.
- You earn a 7% dividend on points earned in a year. So if you spend $30,000 on the card in a given year, Chase will give you an extra 2,100 points. – 24/7 Customer service- your phone calls are always answered by a human.
- 2 points per dollar for travel booked through Ultimate Rewards and up to 10 points per dollar on purchases through the Ultimate Rewards Mall
Although existing cardholders will not be able to take advantage of the additional cardholder bonus, there is no fee for adding an authorized user for new account holders. If you area an existing cardholder of the Sapphire Preferred or Freedom Visa you can still earn extra points by referring a friend here.
You can earn up to a total of 50,000 bonus points for 10 referrals. To qualify, your referrals must take place by January 31, 2014, and then the people you refer just need to apply for the card and use it by May 31, 2014 in order for it to count.
Other Sapphire Preferred related posts:
Details on the Sapphire Preferred 2X on Travel
The Sapphire Preferred 7% Annual Dividend
Ranking the Chase Ultimate Rewards Transfer Partners
Top 10 Ways To Maximize Each Ultimate Rewards Transfer Partner
Why I Love Chase Ultimate Rewards
Ranking the Top Chase Travel Credit Card Offers
Disclaimer: This content is not provided or commissioned by the credit card issuer. Opinions expressed here are author.s alone, not those of the credit card issuer, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the credit card issuer. This site may be compensated through the credit card issuer Affiliate Program.