This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
United Airlines launched a new promotion that allows flyers to earn double award miles when flying United or United Express within the continental United States from now through November 21, 2013.
To qualify for the double miles – and these are award miles, not elite-qualifying miles – you must register here, purchase and complete travel on or before November 21, 2013 in any of the 48 contiguous states, excluding Hawaii and Alaska. Code-share flights are not included in the offer.
Once you are a member of United’s MileagePlus program, you can earn the bonus an unlimited number of times but note that not all fare classes will earn double redeemable miles and existing bookings don’t count. Members can earn double award miles on base miles earned for travel in F, A, J, C, D, Z, P, Y, B, M, E, U, H, Q, V, W and S fare classes.
This offer does not apply to Premier qualifying miles (PQM), class-of-service bonus miles, class-of-service PQM, Premier bonus miles, redeemable bonus miles or other promotional PQM’s – you only earn double miles on the base miles of your flight(s).
While this isn’t as exciting as American’s past double elite-qualifying miles promotions from past years, it still beats Delta’s current West Coast double miles promotion for flights to/from Seattle by a long shot since it is valid on flights across the country. Although I’d be much more excited if these were elite-qualifying miles and if you could earn bonus miles on flights you’d already purchased this might still be a good way to top up your United account for future awards if you have some travel plans coming up in the next month.
Here are the rest of the terms & conditions:
- Offer is valid for segments with an origin and destination within the 48 continental U.S. states on flights marketed and operated by United and United Express, which includes domestic travel within international itineraries. Offer excludes travel to or from Alaska or Hawaii.
- Registration is required before travel on united.com.
- Offer is valid on tickets purchased between October 21, 2013, and November 21, 2013.
- Offer is valid on travel completed between October 21, 2013, and November 21, 2013.
- Members can earn double award miles on base miles earned for travel in F, A, J, C, D, Z, P, Y, B, M, E, U, H, Q, V, W and S fare classes.
- Double miles are defined as two multiplied by the base award miles otherwise credited in connection with qualifying segments.
- You can earn the bonus an unlimited number of times in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- Offer is only valid on United and United Express and is not valid on United-marketed codeshare flights operated by other carriers.
- Offer is not valid on government fares.
- Passenger must be a member of United’s MileagePlus program to qualify for this offer.
- This offer is not combinable with other non-combinable offers.
- Bonus will be posted to the member’s MileagePlus account six to eight weeks after the end of the promotion period.
- This offer does not apply to Premier® qualifying miles (PQM), class-of-service bonus miles, class-of-service PQM, Premier bonus miles, redeemable bonus miles or other promotional PQM.
- Service charges for ticketing with a United representative in the 50 United States and Canada are $25 by phone, $30 at a City Ticket Office and $35 in person at the airport. Ticketing charges may vary outside of the U.S. and Canada and based on MileagePlus status level. The ticketing service charge does not apply for tickets purchased on united.com. Service charges are subject to change.
- Offer is subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply.
- Miles accrued, awards, and benefits issued are subject to change and are subject to the rules of the United MileagePlus program, including without limitation the Premier program (the “MileagePlus Program”), which are expressly incorporated herein. United may change the MileagePlus Program including, but not limited to, rules, regulations, travel awards and special offers or terminate the MileagePlus Program at any time and without notice. United and its subsidiaries, affiliates and agents are not responsible for any products or services of other participating companies and partners. Taxes and fees related to award travel are the responsibility of the member. Bonus award miles, award miles and any other miles earned through non-flight activity do not count toward qualification for Premier status unless expressly stated otherwise. The accumulation of mileage or Premier status or any other status does not entitle members to any vested rights with respect to the MileagePlus Program. All calculations made in connection with the MileagePlus Program, including without limitation with respect to the accumulation of mileage and the satisfaction of the qualification requirements for Premier status, will be made by United Airlines and MileagePlus in their discretion and such calculations will be considered final. Information in this communication that relates to the MileagePlus Program does not purport to be complete or comprehensive and may not include all of the information that a member may believe is important, and is qualified in its entirety by reference to all of the information on the united.com website and the MileagePlus Program rules. United and MileagePlus are registered service marks. For complete details about the MileagePlus Program, go to united.com/mileageplus.
Good luck racking up the extra miles! With great transfer partners like United and Hyatt, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game.
With great transfer partners like United and Hyatt, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game.