This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Hilton and Delta just launched a promotion like one they had last year offering 250 Medallion Qualifying Miles per stay of two nights or more between now and December 13, 2013, up to a maximum of 10,000 MQM’s when you select Delta as your Hilton HHonors Double Dip partner. These MQMs are in addition to the 10 Hilton points per dollar spent plus the regular Delta award miles (non-MQM) that you earn when you have the airline selected as a double dip partner.
With Delta’s new Crossover Rewards partnership with Starwood, I’m actually surprised that Delta and Starwood haven’t teamed up to offer a promotion where you can earn bonus MQM’s with them instead, but instead are again choosing Hilton as their hotel partner for this promotion.
While 250 MQMs isn’t going to get you elite status on its own very soon (it would take 100 2-night stays to get Silver status at 25,000 MQMs!), these may be a lifesaver to those who are close to hitting an elite level, but don’t have enough flights planned or credit card spend to hit the threshold.
If you find yourself short just a few MQM’s this year and stay with Hilton anyway, then this is an easy way to get some extra MQM’s without flying or taking a mileage run. With the introduction of rollover MQM’s, Delta does not generally grant you status if you haven’t earned it outright, meaning even if you’re just a few miles short of the desired Medallion level, they will not boost you up to it as a courtesy.
If you’re more than just a few hundred MQM’s short this year for Medallion status, then consider getting the Delta Reserve card, which awards cardholders with 10,000 Medallion qualifying miles with the first purchase, 15,000 more MQM’s if a member hits $30,000 in spend within the calendar year, and then an additional 15,000 MQM’s if you hit $60,000 in spending within a calendar year.
The Delta Platinum Amex offers 5,000 MQM’s after the first purchase, and 10,000 MQM’s for $25,000 in annual spend, and another 10,000 MQM’s for $50,000 in annual spending, for a total potential of 25,000 MQM’s, so these are other viable ways to boost your MQM balance.
Key Terms & Conditions:
1) To be eligible for this offer, you must select Delta Air Lines as your preferred Double Dip Points & Miles Partner in your Hilton HHonors account profile
2) Complete a minimum 2-night stay at a hotel or resort within the Hilton Worldwide portfolio from September 30, 2013 through December 13, 2015.
3) Register online at HHonors.com/deltamqm prior to check-out.
4) Allow up to six weeks after promotion has ended for bonus miles and MQMs to be credited to your account.
5) A maximum of 10,000 MQMs can be earned through this offer.
6) This is stackable with other Hilton promotions, but remember you must have Delta selected as your Double Dip partner.
Citi® Hilton HHonorsTM Reserve Card
|Intro APR||Regular APR||Annual Fee||Balance Transfer||Credit Rating|
|N/A||15.49% (Variable)||$95||See Terms||Excellent Credit|