This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Thru tonight at 11:59pm Pacific time Virgin America is offering 10%- 20% off the base fare for travel on certain routes for travel between November 4th and December 17th, 2013. There are a ton of rules around these discounts, but here are the basics:
– Promo code is valid for non-refundable Main Cabin tickets only
– 10% discount off the base fare for travel on Mondays, Thursdays, and Fridays and/or a 20% discount off the base fare for travel on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Saturdays.
– Blackout dates are November 22, 2013 through December 3, 2013
– Discount will apply for travel between November 4, 2013 and December 17, 2013 for the following routes, in either direction: Los Angeles to Orlando/Cancun, San Francisco to Los Cabos/ Cancun/ Puerto Vallarta
– Discount will apply for travel between November 8, 2013 and December 17, 2013 for the following routes, in either direction: Austin- San Francisco, Dallas- Los Angeles, Dallas- San Francisco, Seattle- Los Angeles, Seattle – San Francisco, Portland – San Francisco,, Los Angeles – San Francisco, Los Angeles – San Jose, Las Vegas – Los Angeles, Las Vegas San Francisco and San Diego- San Francisco.
– Discount will apply for travel between November 12, 2013 and December 17, 2013 for the following routes, in either direction: Boston – Los Angeles/ San Francisco, Newark – Los Angeles/ San Fransico, JFK – San Francisco/Los Angeles/Las Vegas, Washington Dulles – Los Angeles/ San Francisco, Philadelphia – San Francisco/Los Angeles, Ft. Lauderdale – Los Angeles/San Francisco, Chicago O’Hare- San Francisco/Los Angeles.
– Promo code may be used only towards newly booked travel and may not be applied to prior bookings.
– Promo code is not eligible for Elevate points redemption bookings.
I priced this out on a Wednesday-Saturday Newark to San Francisco booking for December 4-7, 2013. Without the code the fare was $357.80- but with GETDOWN it dropped to $290.60.
Clearly there are some hoops to jump through, but the savings can be decent if you can work it around your schedule!