This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Echoing a similar promotion from last year, Starwood has partnered with Aeroplan this fall to offer Air Canada flyers up to 9,000 bonus miles for stays between now and December 15, 2013.
Here’s how it breaks down:
-Stay 5 qualifying nights and earn 5,000 bonus Aeroplan miles
-Stay 2 more qualifying nights (7 total) and earn 2,000 more bonus miles
-Stay 2 more qualifying nights (9 total) and earn 2,000 more bonus miles
All up to a maximum of 9,000 bonus miles. You must be a member of SPG and register for the promotion in order to earn the bonus miles. You can accrue qualifying nights across stays and properties (so they are cumulative, not consecutive), but you only get bonus miles for paid stays (those that accrue Starpoints), not award nights or cash & points stays.
In addition to the bonus Aeroplan miles, Starwood is also offering its fall “Take Two” bonus promotion, which you can stack with this one, so there’s no reason not to register for both.
The “Take Two” promotion offers double Starpoints on eligible stays and 2,500 bonus Starpoints for every five eligible nights— up to 10,000 bonus Starpoints (20 nights) in addition to the unlimited double points. As a reminder, the other details of the “Take Two” promo are:
– Double Starpoints are on base Starpoints (2x) and not any elite or credit card bonuses.
– Registration isn’t open yet, but it will be before September 1 and you need to register online at spg.com/taketwo by October 31, 2013 (earning is retroactive)
– Award stays and Cash & Point stays are not eligible earning stays for this promotion.
– Eligible Nights for the 2,500 bonus do not have to be consecutive and can be accumulated across multiple stays to be eligible for the 10,000-Starpoint bonus threshold.
– An Eligible Rate is any rate that is eligible to earn Starpoints in the Starwood Preferred Guest program.
– There are a number of hotels not participating in this promotion – so be sure to check the list of non-participating properties
Although each promo is a bit lackluster on its own, at least you can double dip (at more properties with the Aeroplan promo than the SPG promo!), so if you have some SPG stays coming up this fall, might as well earn both Starpoints and Aeroplan miles.
Hat tip: One Mile at a Time
Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card from American Express
|Intro APR||Regular APR||Annual Fee||Foreign Transaction Fee||Credit Rating|
|N/A||15.49%-19.49% Variable||$0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $95.||0%||Excellent Credit|