This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: This offer is no longer available. View the current offer for the Chase Southwest Rapid Rewards credit card here.
Southwest.com is now showing a huge banner for the Chase Southwest Visa 50,000 point offer after $2,000 spent within 3 months, and remember, those points count towards the holy grail of travel rewards – the Southwest Companion Pass.
Once you accrue 110,000 Companion Pass Qualifying points, Southwest grants the pass for the remainder of the existing year plus the entire next year! For instance, if you qualify for the pass early in 2014, you can have it for nearly two years! On the application page it looks like the end date of this offer is October 30, 2013.
Even if you don’t want the companion pass, 50,000 Rapid Rewards points are worth almost $900 in Wanna Get Away fares, so it is one of the most solid credit card offers on the market if you fly Southwest. Check out these posts for more information on maximizing the offer:
Maximize Monday: Southwest Companion Pass FAQ And Strategies
Top 11 Ways To Top Up Your Account For The Southwest Companion Pass
Southwest Points vs. Southwest Credits: When Transferring Makes Sense and How to Check Availability
Can I Get Two Southwest Cards In One Day To Qualify For A Companion Pass?
Companion Pass Basics
How to Qualify:
1) Fly 100 one-way flights within a calendar year
2) Accrue 110,000 points in a calendar year (every January your qualifying points reset to 0) – this includes flights, credit card – including credit card sign-up bonuses and partner activity like hotel stays/transfers and rental cars.
Relevant Rules (Full list here)
1) Your companion can only board with their zone. For example, if you are a top elite, your companion cannot board with you unless they have the same elite status.
2) You cannot use your companion for an extra seat for yourself unless you are a Passenger of Size.
3) You can change your designated Companion and request a new Companion Pass up to three (3) times within the validity period of the Pass.
4) Companion Pass and reward travel is subject to a government-imposed September 11th Security Fee of up to $10 roundtrip
Ink Plus® Business Credit Card