This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – The Platinum Card from American Express
The Chase Ink Plus and Ink Bold offer a plethora of valuable benefits including free Lounge Club membership and two annual free lounge passes each card comes with (the Ink Classic offers one year free membership).
Lounge Club membership is sort of like Priority Pass membership where you pay to join (that is, if your credit card doesn’t give you free membership) and then each time you visit a lounge, you pay a $27 day pass fee. Lounge Club has over 350 VIP airport lounges worldwide and membership is priced at $150 per person per year (click here to browse the full list of lounges).
Lounge Club has also just added 12 new lounges to its roster across the world over the past several months, including facilities in Botswana, Colombia, Denmark, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Mexico, Peru, Switzerland, the Ukraine and the US. Here’s the full list:
U.S.A., ATLANTA HARTSFIELD-JACKSON INTERNATIONAL (ATL): The Club at ATL: International Terminal/Concourse F, open between 05:30 – 21:30 daily.
U.S.A., NEW YORK JFK (JFK): Wingtips Lounge: Terminal 4, open 24 hours daily.
BOTSWANA, GABORONE SIR SERETSE KHAMA INTERNATIONAL (GBE): Nthula Lounge: International Departure Hall, open between 06:00 – 20:00 daily.
COLOMBIA, BOGOTÁ ELDORADO (BOG): Sala VIP Temporal Lan: New International Terminal, open between 01:30 – 00:30 daily.
DENMARK, AALBORG (AAL): Aalborg Airport Lounge: Terminal 1, open between 05:00 – 18:00 daily.
DOMINICAN REPUBLIC, SANTO DOMINGO LAS AMÉRICAS INT’L (SDQ): Sala VIP Aeropuerto de Las Americas: Terminal A, open between 06:00 – 23:30 daily.
ECUADOR, GALAPAGOS BALTRA (GPS): Aeropuertos VIP Club: open between 07:00 – 15:00 daily.
MEXICO, TIJUANA ABELARDO L. RODRIGUEZ INTERNATIONAL (TIJ): VIP Lounge: Terminal 1, open between 07:00 – 01:00 daily.
PERU, TUMBES CAPITAN FAP PEDRO CANGA RODRIGUEZ (TBP): Caral VIP Lounge: open between 08:00 – 23:00 daily.
UKRAINE, KIEV BORYSPIL INTERNATIONAL (KBP): Airline Lounge: Terminal D, open 24 hours daily.
So if you have your two free lounge passes, you can try out any of these new member lounges for free, or if you’ve already used your passes up, you can pay $27 per person to get in.
That said, if you have already used your free passes, or if you don’t have the Ink cards, all of these lounges are also members of Priority Pass – the other major non-airline lounge network, which has over 600 lounges worldwide – so if you have the personal Platinum card, The Business Platinum Card from American Express OPEN or the Mercedes-Benz Platinum card from American Express (or are an additional cardholder on one) you get automatic Priority Pass Select membership and can access these lounges (guests are still $27 per person).
I’m not due to fly through any of these anytime soon – though I have enjoyed both my trips to South Africa this year so much that I’m considering Botswana next! – but if you happen to pass through, report back on how you like them!
With great transfer partners like United and Hyatt, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards