This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Marriott announced their next Megabonus promotion which will run from September 15, 2013-January 15, 2014 and awards one free night (up to two max) at a Category 1-5 property for every two stays, which you can redeem for up to a year after it’s issued. You can register for the promotion here.
Some people will get different offers because, unlike a lot of the other chains, Marriott specializes offers for each member, so what you have in your Marriott.com account may vary depending on your past stays and your elite status. Other offers being reported this time around include points bonuses of 25,000-50,000 points for anywhere from 12-25 paid nights depending on which you are targeted for.
To find out which specific offer you get, you will need to sign into your account. If there’s nothing there, it’s worth emailing or calling Marriott Rewards to see if you’re eligible or whether someone there can help you become so.
Here are the details of the published promotion:
- Register by November 15, 2013
- Stay twice between September 15, 2013, and January 15, 2014
- Earn 1 free night after every second paid stay, up to 2 free nights
- Redeem your free nights at any of nearly 3,000 Category 1-5 properties
- Free nights must be used within 1 year from date of issue
- Participating brands include JW Marriott, EDITION, Autograph Collection Hotels, Renaissance Hotels, AC Hotels by Marriott, Marriott Hotels & Resorts, Courtyard by Marriott, SpringHill Suites by Marriott, Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott, Residence Inn by Marriott, TownePlace Suites by Marriott and Marriott Vacation Club. Stays at our exclusive luxury hotel partner, The Ritz-Carlton, will count toward achievement.
Maximizing the Offer
They’ve had this similar offer in the past, and while it’s not the most lucrative hotel promotion, if you know how to maximize on the deal, you’ll be able to reap some value from it.
To get the highest values from this, you’d have to plan ahead and stay at some properties on the low end of the spectrum, like the Category 2 Fairfield Inn & Suites Dulles Airport, where rooms in September are going for around $50 a night, and then find a high-value property like the JW Marriott Houston, where room rates are around $329 a night.
So if you spent 4 nights in Dulles for a total of around $200, you’d get 2 free-night credits you could use at the JW Marriott, worth about $658. Once again, an extreme situation – for most people this will be much less lucrative.
As usual with Marriott’s Megabonus promos, the key is being flexible, looking at places you might not normally stay, and looking at some offbeat destinations to pull the most value out of your free nights.
Marriott Rewards® Premier Credit Card
|Intro APR||Regular APR||Annual Fee||Foreign Transaction Fee||Credit Rating|
|N/A||16.24% - 23.24% Variable||$85||0%||Excellent Credit|