This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card from American Express, Starwood Preferred Guest Business Credit Card from American Express
As if the current limited-time 30,000-point sign-up bonus offers (available until September 3, 2013) on both the personal and business versions of the Starwood Preferred Guest American Express weren’t reason enough to sign up for the card, the personal credit card is also one of the sponsors for the US Open and to celebrate they are offering SPG American Express cardholders an exclusive offer to buy discounted tickets to a match at the US Open on September 3 including a meet-and-greet with a tennis pro, cocktails and dinner.
Tickets go on sale starting Tuesday, August 20, at 3 p.m. EST, and you have to call 1-800-445-7374 to reserve.
The event will take place Tuesday evening, September 3, starting at 5:30pm at the USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center in Flushing, New York. Tickets are $165 each for lower promenade seating at Arthur Ashe Stadium, cocktail reception with dinner in the SPG Cardmember hospitality area, and a meet and greet with a well-known tennis guest.
This offer is available only to Starwood Preferred Guest credit cardmembers and tickets will be available on a first-come, first-served basis – so if you’re interested, I suggest calling in as soon as possible once the sale starts to make sure you get a seat since space is limited and I think these will go quickly. Cardmembers are limited to four tickets each.
According to TicketMaster, most of the lower promenade is sold out for this match already, although the few lower level seats that remain are going for $117 per ticket, so you are paying the premium for the cocktail reception, dinner and meet and greet, and possibly the prospect of seats with better views than are still on sale right now.
Starwood was also offering SPG members the opportunity to redeem starpoints to attend the US Open through SPG Moments, but these have since sold out, so if you are thinking of taking them up on this offer, be sure to do it sooner than later.
With great transfer partners like United and Hyatt, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards