This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Just a friendly last minute reminder for the procrastinators out there (myself included) that the following deals expire today.
1) Targeted 100% US Airways Buy Miles Bonus: US Airways is currently offering a targeted bonus of 100% for buying or gifting miles up to 50,000 (so 100,000 with the bonus) through July 31, 2013.
My take: I bought 50,000 miles to get the bonus for a total of 100,000 miles for $1,881 and then redeemed 110,000 miles for a roundtrip business class award to Taipei and Sydney on a mixture of Eva, Thai and Asiana. Those looking to boost their American Airlines accounts may want to take a risk and buy miles at this price, because if/when the merger is approved they will likely allow you to combine your AA and US Airways accounts as early as November/December of this year. This is all based on the merger getting approved, which most experts believe will happen, but could still get derailed.
2) 30% Bonus On Shared American AAdvantage Miles: Now through July 31, 2013, American Airlines is offering up to 30% bonus when sharing miles. You’ll receive a 20% bonus when sharing 5,000-25,000 miles; a 25% bonus for sharing 26,000-40,000 miles or a 30% bonus if you share 41,000-50,000 miles.
My take: I’m not hopping on this because the miles are still too pricy. But, if you need to top up an account for an award, this could make sense.
3) Delta’s Tap The App Giveaway: Now through July 31, 2013, Delta is running a promotion where they are giving away hundreds of prizes through their iPad App. To be eligible, simply download the Fly Delta App for iPad, and you’ll automatically be entered each day you log in with your SkyMiles account during their Tap the App Giveaway.
My take: Why not enter if you’ve got the time and an iPad?!
4) Marriott Rewards (Targeted) Summer Promotion: First, register by July 31, 2013, then stay twice at any participating hotel between May 15 and September 2, 2013. You’ll earn one free night after each second paid stay, up to two free nights, which can redeemed at any category 1-5 hotel worldwide.
My take: One of the more lucrative summer hotel promos, so if you’ve got some Marriott stays (or even if none are planned) you might as well register.
5) Save an extra 10% Off NYC Hotels with Jetsetter: Book your next New York City hotel accommodations by July 31st. To participate in this offer, head on over to Jetsetter. If you aren’t already a member, you can sign via my referral link, and then when making your reservation, be sure to enter code NYC10 at check out. Some of the hotels you can book through Jetsetter include the Le Parker Meridien New York,Hyatt 48 Lex, Gansevoort Park Avenue, 6 Columbus, and The Standard.
My take: You won’t earn hotel points/elite status (usually) with Jetsetter hotel stays, but you may be able to save more than those points are worth. As always, price out your stay and book through the channel that gives you the most value.
6) Starwood’s Double Take Promo: From May 1 through July 31, 2013, you can earndouble Starpointson all eligible stays at over 1,000 properties as well as 500 bonus Starpointsfor booking through the chain’s mobile site or app.
My take: This promo wasn’t very exciting and I’m hoping they announce a more lucrative/creative fall promotion. So far I haven’t heard anything, but I suspect there will be one for September/October stays.
Did I miss any deals? If so, comment and I’ll add them to the list! Even after the introduction of the Chase Sapphire Reserve, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is still a fantastic choice if you want to avoid the Reserve’s $450 annual fee, earn 2x on all travel & dining and earn a 50,000 point sign up bonus.
Even after the introduction of the Chase Sapphire Reserve, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is still a fantastic choice if you want to avoid the Reserve’s $450 annual fee, earn 2x on all travel & dining and earn a 50,000 point sign up bonus.