This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – The Business Gold Rewards Card from American Express OPEN, Platinum Delta SkyMiles Business Credit Card
Last Thursday I decided to bite the bullet and apply for two of the most lucrative credit card offers I’ve seen this year:
1) Platinum Delta SkyMiles Business Credit Card
Update: The current offer is 5,000 MQMs and 35,000 bonus miles after you spend $1,000 on your new Card in your first 3 months.
Earn 25,000 bonus miles, (5,000 of which count as MQMs) after your first purchase on the Card within the first year of Cardmembership. Earn an additional 30,000 bonus miles, (15,000 of which count as MQMs) after you make $5,000 of eligible purchases on the Card within the first three months of Cardmembership.
– Spend $25,000 in a calendar year and you can earn 10,000 MQMs and 10,000 bonus miles. Spend $50,000 in that same year and you can earn an additional 10,000 MQMs and 10,000 bonus miles.
– Companion ticket- free companion ticket when buying a deeply discounted coach fare
– Annual fee of $150
Status: I was initially put in pending status, but received an email this morning that the application was approved and the card would be expedited to me. This is my 7th open American Express card:
Personal cards: Premier Rewards Gold, Mercedes-Benz Platinum, Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card from American Express, Delta Platinum
Business cards: Delta Business Platinum, Business Gold Rewards, Starwood Preferred Guest Business Credit Card from American Express
Future Cards: The Business Platinum Card from American Express OPEN (hopefully with a targeted 100,000 point offer), Delta Reserve
2) (Offer now expired) Chase Ink Plus with 60,000 points after $5,000 spent within the first three months. $95 annual fee waived the first year.
Status: Still pending. My Chase contacts informed me that due to incredible interest in the offer, the approval times would be longer than normal. I called the automated application status line at 1-(800) 432-3117 and it still says pending. I’m going to wait this one out and hope for an auto-approval since my credit score is high and I already have a strong relationship with numerous checking/savings accounts, auto loan and credit/charge card accounts.
Per this FlyerTalk thread, it looks like many others are waiting too, but automatic approvals are happening every day. To be honest, I’m not too worried about it and if they need any more information, they know where to find me. I currently have a Bold, Plus and Ink Bold Exclusives (discontinued as of 2011), but I applied for this Ink Plus using a new business EIN, so I hope I can get the sign-up bonus, though it officially says the bonus is once per customer. I’ll keep everyone updated on whether I get the bonus or not. I currently have 8 active Chase credit/charge cards:
Personal: Sapphire Preferred, Freedom, British Airways Visa Signature Card, Hyatt Credit Card, United Explorer
Business: Ink Plus, Ink Bold, Ink Exclusives
Future cards: Fairmont, Priority Club
What has everyone else’s experience been so far getting approved for the increased Ink offers?
With great transfer partners like United and Hyatt, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards