This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Amex Sync is an ongoing promotion where you sync your American Express cards to your various social media accounts including Facebook, Foursquare and Twitter, and when you either enter Tweets with particular hashtags in them or you check in at various locations, you get discounts at participating merchants.
Though it doesn’t explicitly state it in the Terms and Conditions, it sounds like you can only link one card per social media account. On Twitter, when you use the corresponding hashtag for an offer, you should get an @ reply from Amex telling you that you’ve been enrolled and are eligible for the offer, and then when you send your hashtagged Tweet and make your eligible purchases, you will be issued a statement credit.
The Uber discount is $10 off a single ride of $30 or more taken by June 30, 2013. Click on the offer, sync your Amex card to it and use it to pay to get the $10 statement credit back. Before you logout, be sure to look at your other offers – for instance mine included some interesting ones such as getting $10 off a purchase of $75 or more at Whole Foods, 20% off at Shoes.com, and $10 back on a charge of $50 or more at Lucky Strike for your next bowling date night.
The other discount I’m excited about at the moment is for Seamless, which is an online food ordering service with tons of restaurant partners in major US cities. The terms of this promo are to get $5 off a single order of $25 or more on orders delivered by 5/30/13. Tweet using #AmexSeamlessOffer to add the offer to your synced American Express Card. This offer does not require a coupon at the point of sale – so once you’ve received a confirmation response message from our Twitter handle @AmexSync that the offer has been added, just shop with your synced Card to redeem. Once you tweet, you should get a reply from @AmexSync with a confirmation hashtag and you should be good to go. Simply use your synced card to pay and you should get a statement credit that will also be confirmed by a Tweet when the charge hits your statement.
With some great bonus categories and an annual fee that’s waived for the first year, the American Express Premier Rewards Gold Card has a lot going for it. If you don’t have PRG, now’s as good a time as any to add it to your wallet, as Amex added some great new benefits several months back.
- Receive 25,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- 3X points for flights booked directly with airlines. 2X points at US restaurants, US gas stations, and US supermarkets. 1X points on other purchases. Terms and limitations apply.
- No matter where you're traveling, when you use your Premier Rewards Gold Card there are no foreign transaction fees from American Express.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit. Up to $100 a year in baggage fees and more at one airline.
- Get a $75 hotel credit on qualifying charges, plus a room upgrade upon arrival, if available with The Hotel Collection at americanexpress.com/hc. Terms apply.
- There is a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $195.
- Terms and limitations apply. See Rates & Fees