This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
United sent out a targeted offer to certain elite members for a 50% bonus on Premier Qualifying miles on United-operated flights from now through May 23, 2013.
To qualify, register with the link provided specifically to you by United and purchase a roundtrip ticket in United Global First, United First, United BusinessFirst, United Business or United Economy (F, A, J, C, D, Z, P, Y, B, M, E, U, H, Q and V fare classes). Fare classes W, S, T, L, K, G and N are not eligible for this offer. Travel must be completed by May 23, 2013.
As I noted, this offer is targeted, but there is actually a live registration page where you can try registering – it never hurts to try!
The eligible fare classes unfortunately exclude the cheapest coach tickets that many of us go for, but if you received this offer and have a lot of travel to book during the promotion period, you should check the fare classes of your tickets before buying because you could end up paying just a little bit more for that 50% mileage bump and that could be worth it to you depending on how many more miles you’d be earning. As always, do the math.
It’s nice to see United getting in on the elite-qualifying mileage bonus game. We haven’t seen an offer like this from the legacy carriers so far in 2013, though American offered double EQM’s to its elite flyers back in November. I’d love to see something similar from United, and maybe this will encourage some of United’s competitors including American and possibly Delta to offer elite mileage bonuses of their own.
In the meantime, if you received this targeted offer, I would definitely register and think about strategizing your travel accordingly.
Terms and conditions:
- On paid qualifying flights members can earn a 50% Premier qualifying miles bonus on base miles earned for travel in United Global First, United First, United BusinessFirst, United Business, full-fare United Economy, or discount United Economy (F, A, J, C, D, Z, P, Y, B, M, E, U, H, Q and V fare classes).
- Offer valid for roundtrip tickets purchased between April 17, 2013, and May 23, 2013, for travel between April 17, 2013, and May 23, 2013.
- Registration required before travel at united.com.
- Offer valid for MileagePlus members who are the original recipients of an email invitation from MileagePlus.
- To qualify, it is required that you register on united.com before travel, then purchase and complete paid roundtrips anywhere worldwide on flights operated by United.
- Offer is not valid on United-marketed codeshare flights operated by other carriers.
- Offer is not valid on government fares.
- Roundtrip is defined as travel from an origin city to a destination city with return travel beginning in the destination city back to the origin city. Open jaw and circle trip itineraries do not qualify.
- This offer does not apply to Premier qualifying segments, class-of-service bonus miles, class-of-service PQM, Premier bonus miles, redeemable bonus miles or other promotional PQM.
- PQM cannot be redeemed for award travel.
- Bonus is not combinable.
- Bonus may be earned an unlimited number of times in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- Bonus will be posted to the member’s MileagePlus account six to eight weeks after the end of the promotion period.
- Electronic ticket purchase is required. Tickets purchased in the U.S. through United Reservations are subject to a $25 ticketing fee and tickets purchased at airport ticket counters are subject to a $30 ticketing fee. Fees are subject to change.
- Offer is subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply.
- Miles accrued, awards, and benefits issued are subject to change and are subject to the rules of the United MileagePlus program. United may change the MileagePlus program including, but not limited to, rules, regulations, travel awards and special offers or terminate the MileagePlus program at any time and without notice. Bonus award miles, award miles and any other miles earned through non-flight activity do not count or qualify for Premier® status unless expressly stated otherwise. United and its subsidiaries, affiliates and agents are not responsible for any products and services of other participating companies and partners. Taxes and fees related to award travel are the responsibility of the member. The accumulation of mileage or Premier status or any other status does not entitle members to any vested rights with respect to the program. United and MileagePlus are registered service marks. For complete details about the MileagePlus program, go to united.com/mileageplus.
- Start with 30,000 bonus miles after you spend $1,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening
- Check your first bag for free - save up to $100 per roundtrip
- Enjoy priority boarding privileges and visit the United Club with two one-time-use passes every year
- No foreign transaction fees
- Earn double miles on tickets purchased from United, and 1 mile per $1 on all other purchases
- Your miles don't expire as long as your credit card account is open, with no limit to the number of miles you can earn
- Use your miles for any seat, any time, on any United flight
- $0 intro annual fee for the first year, then $95