This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Virgin America prides itself on a freewheeling, fun-loving atmosphere and adding to the ambiance of bonhomie, the airline has just launched a new seat-to-seat ordering feature that will allow passengers to purchase food and beverage service items for other passengers from their own seatback touchscreens.
This is a follow-up to the chat function that’s part of Virgin’s RED entertainment system where you can instant message passengers in other seats. Apparently flirty flyers were already ordering service items for others and directing the flight attendant where to deliver them, so this just cuts the middleman out of the process and gets that fruit plate or cocktail to your love interest faster. You just order the food or drink item as normal and then hit the “Send to Another Seat” option and a seat map will pop up and you can choose the lucky recipient.
Plus this way if a certain cutie catches your eye in the boarding area, you don’t have to make up excuses to use the lav in an effort to walk by and catch their eye during the flight. Just figure out their seat number and send along a little treat. Just be sure you get the right seat number or you could find yourself starting a love triangle! The other thing is, if you’re going to send along an alcoholic beverage, better verify your crush is of legal age.
Although the launch was scheduled this week to mark Virgin’s new LAX-LAS route, it is available on all US flights.
Are you a little shy? Fear not, Sir Richard Branson himself created a video titled “Sir Richard Branson’s Guide to Getting Lucky,” in which he bets that you have at least a 50/50 chance of walking off the plane with a new friend. Check it out here:
For now, this new service is only available in the Main Cabin (though Main Cabin folk can send First Class passengers items), so make friends in the back of the plane if you’re riding up front.
In the meantime, here’s to hoping this will make flying the friendly skies even friendlier.
Hat tip: Jaunted.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards