This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Because of its lucrative earning structure, some great redemption values, a generous elite status system and new credit card products, I’ve been giving the Club Carlson hotel points program a close look in my Maximizing Club Carlson series, whose posts include Base Level Earning and Redemptions, Business Program, Elite Status and Cash + Points Redemptions.
This week, I’ll be hosting Club Carlson’s “Golden Giveaway” and awarding two of my readers with a $500 Visa gift card and a full year of Gold status (or Concierge status if you already have Gold status). Enter by 11:59 pm ET on Wednesday, March 6, and I’ll select two winners and announce them on Friday, March 8.
To enter, I want you to tell me what your favorite feature of the Club Carlson Visa credit cards is, apart from the bonus award night benefit (which is the best one, in my humble opinion).
You can check out this post for the details on each of the three US Bank Club Carlson credit cards, but just as a quick refresh, the benefits of just the Club Carlson Rewards Premier Visa Signature (personal) card are:
- Up to 85,000 Bonus Gold Points to start. Receive 50,000 Gold Points after your first purchase, plus 35,000 points after you spend $2,500 on your card within the first 90 days
- 10 points per dollar on eligible purchases at participating Carlson Rezidor hotels worldwide and 5 points per dollar everywhere else Visa is accepted
- 40,000 bonus points each year after you renew your card and pay the annual fee
- Bonus Award Nights – when Gold Points are redeemed for two or more consecutive award nights, the last night is free – exclusively for cardmembers
- Automatic Gold Elite Status once the card is used. Existing Gold Elite members receive 15 qualifying nights toward Concierge Elite Status
- Annual Fee: $75
The bonus award night benefit seems to be everyone’s hands-down favorite because it essentially gives cardholders a 50% discount on award redemptions for two-night stays, meaning you can save 50,000 points on a top-tier hotel redemption.
So to enter my giveaway, I want you to tell me which other benefit of the card is your favorite and why.
You can do so either by:
1. Leaving a comment on this post.
2. Following me on Twitter and sending me a Tweet with the hashtag #TPGCarlsonGiveaway
3. Following me on Facebook and posting a comment on my Facebook wall.
4. Sending me a creative Instagram with the hashtag #TPGCarlsonGiveaway.
I’ll select two lucky winners at random and announcing them here on Friday, March 8, so be sure to enter by the deadline for your chance to win.
*U.S. Bank and Carlson Inc. is not liable for any part of this contest. Even after the introduction of the Chase Sapphire Reserve, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is still a fantastic choice if you want to avoid the Reserve’s $450 annual fee, earn 2x on all travel & dining and earn a 50,000 point sign up bonus.
Even after the introduction of the Chase Sapphire Reserve, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is still a fantastic choice if you want to avoid the Reserve’s $450 annual fee, earn 2x on all travel & dining and earn a 50,000 point sign up bonus.