This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Now through March 30, 2013, Alitalia is offering customers who open up new Millemiglia frequent flyer accounts up to 6,000 bonus miles.
Here’s how it works:
You get 2,000 miles off the bat just for signing up, which will be credited to your account in April. An additional 2,000 miles for taking a flight on Alitalia by April 30, and 2,000 more points for posting any mileage activity with the Millemiglia Program within 3 months of account opening.
You might not be planning on flying Alitalia by the end of April, but that other 2,000 points for partner activity should be within easy reach of a lot of folks since the terms just say: “Bonus valid for transactions with Alitalia and its Partners in the ambit of the MilleMiglia Program within three months of registration.”
Alitalia is 1:1 a transfer partner of both American Express Membership Rewards and Starwood Preferred Guest, so if you have an account with either, you can transfer as little as 1,000 points (as little as 1 Starpoint for Starwood Platinums). That way, not only can you earn the additional bonus points, but you can also top up your account once they post and redeem for particular sweet spot awards in Alitalia’s partner award chart
Some of those award sweet spots include needing just 80,000 miles to get from North America to Europe in business class, 90,000 miles and 95,000 miles to hit North and South Asia respectively in business class, 40,000 miles for roundtrip business class tickets within North America, and 75,000 miles for southern South America in business class, so if you think strategically, you should be able to get some good value out of any transferred points, and if you manage to score all 6,000 bonus miles, you’ve already got a head start on a potentially great redemption.
Here are the terms and conditions for reference:
1. This promotion is only available to those customers who register with the MilleMiglia Program between March 8th and 30th 2013 through the special link appearing on this web page. There’s no telling how much longer these cards will be around and available for new applications because of the Marriott takeover, so now might just be the perfect time to apply. Apart from hotel redemptions, you can transfer Starpoints to over 30 airline partners, and now also transfer points from Starwood to Marriott Rewards at a 1:3 ratio, opening up even more redemption options.
2. Customers taking part in the promotion will receive a bonus of 2,000 miles following their registration with the MilleMiglia Program.
3. The 2,000 bonus miles awarded for registration with the MilleMiglia Program will be credited within the month of April 2013.
4. New Members who fly with Alitalia within April 30th 2013 will earn a further bonus of 2,000 miles. All booking classes will be considered valid for obtaining the bonus.
5. The 2,000 bonus miles relating to the first flight made with Alitalia within April 30th 2013 will be awarded within the month following that in which the flight activity is credited to the Member’s account, within the ambit of this promotion.
6. It is possible to take advantage of this promotion on one occasion only and, therefore, receive only one promotional bonus of 2,000 miles for the first flight made with Alitalia.
7. The 2013 Welcome Bonus of 2,000 miles linked to MilleMiglia Program transactions made within three months of registration is additional to the above-mentioned bonuses.
8. The bonus miles awarded by the promotion are not qualifying miles and therefore are not valid for obtaining or renewing Membership to the Alitalia Exclusive Clubs.
9. The bonus miles awarded by the promotion are additional to those relating to other promotions in course during the same period.
There’s no telling how much longer these cards will be around and available for new applications because of the Marriott takeover, so now might just be the perfect time to apply. Apart from hotel redemptions, you can transfer Starpoints to over 30 airline partners, and now also transfer points from Starwood to Marriott Rewards at a 1:3 ratio, opening up even more redemption options.