This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
It’s the final day of JetBlue’s New York City Flight Week where the airline is discounting flights to select destinations up to 80% for limited-time travel.
On Monday we saw discounted fares to St. Maarten, Costa Rica and Ft. Myers, Tuesday offered cheap flights to Bermuda, Portland, Oregon, and Grand Cayman, Wednesday’s sale was to Nassau, Bahamas, Oakland, CA, and Samana, DR and yesterday had discounts to LaRomana, DR, Tampa, FL, and Seattle, WA. Today’s three destinations are: Cancun, Austin, TX, and New Orleans, LA.
Here are the details on each:
Cancun Use promo code JFKCUN80 and depart 2/3- 2/6/13 and return 2/7- 2/8/2013 or 2/11- 2/13/13.
Austin, TX Use promo code JFKAUS80 and depart 2/5 – 2/7/13 and return 2/11- 2/13/13.
New Orleans, LA Use promo code JFKMSY80 and depart 2/3- 2/5/13 and return 2/6-2/8/13.
I took a look at some sample fares and for $208.24 you can go to Cancun leaving from JFK on February 3 and returning February 7. Normally this flight would cost $490.
Going to Austin, you can depart on February 5 from JFK and return on February 11 for a total of $127.80. Without the discount this flight would go for $493.02.
Lastly, you can travel to New Orleans and make it in time for the Super Bowl for $172.20 round trip, leaving on February 3 from JFK and returning on the 6th – saving yourself $559.26.
To search these fares, go here and then click the “Let’s Go” button and then enter the promo code (located in the image above below each city pair) on the flight search page. Though these fares are for last-minute travel, if you have a little scheduling flexibility, you should think about taking advantage of them since fares are normally quite pricey this time of year.
With some great bonus categories and an annual fee that’s waived for the first year, the American Express Premier Rewards Gold Card has a lot going for it. If you don’t have PRG, now’s as good a time as any to add it to your wallet, as Amex added some great new benefits several months back.
- Receive 25,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- 3X points for flights booked directly with airlines. 2X points at US restaurants, US gas stations, and US supermarkets. 1X points on other purchases. Terms and limitations apply.
- No matter where you're traveling, when you use your Premier Rewards Gold Card there are no foreign transaction fees from American Express.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit. Up to $100 a year in baggage fees and more at one airline.
- Get a $75 hotel credit on qualifying charges, plus a room upgrade upon arrival, if available with The Hotel Collection at americanexpress.com/hc. Terms apply.
- There is a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $195.
- Terms and limitations apply. See Rates & Fees