This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card from American Express, Starwood Preferred Guest Business Credit Card from American Express
Although the sign-up bonus for the Canadian Starwood Amex is usually just a paltry 5,000-10,000 points, last October, the signup bonus for the card hit 15,000 points. Now, however, the Canadian Starwood Preferred Guest credit card from American Express is sweetening the deal with its highest-ever sign-up bonus of 21,000 Starpoints when you spend $1,000 in the first 3 months when you apply now through April 11, 2013.
Other details of the card:
-You will earn 1 Starpoint for every $1 in purchases charged to the card.
-Receive a Free Weekend Night Award at hotels and resorts worldwide when you reach $40,000 in purchases on the card each year.
-Reach $30,000 in purchases each year and enjoy an automatic upgrade to Starwood Gold Preferred Guest membership.
-Cardmembers can also earn 10,000 Starpoints by referring a friend.
-This card has a $120 annual fee.
-The annual interest rate on purchases is 19.99% and 21.99% on funds advances. The offer ends April 11, 2013.
The Canadian Starwood Preferred Guest Business Card from Amex is also offering 15,000 bonus Starpoints for spending $1,000 within the first 3 months of membership. This card also lets you earn 1 Starpoint for every $1 in purchases charged to the card, and receive a Free Weekend Night Award at hotels and resorts worldwide when you reach $40,000 in purchases on the card each year. The annual fee for this card is $150, which may be a tax-deductible expense (if used solely for business as per your tax professional) and the annual interest rate is 19.99%. This offer also ends April 11, 2013.
While still not as high as the current offers of the American versions of the personal and business Starwood Amex cards, in terms of the sign-up offers on the Canadian versions of these cards, which tend not to be as lucrative as American travel credit cards in general, this is as high as we’ve ever seen, so if you’ve been considering one or either of these cards, apply before these offers go away on April 11.
With great transfer partners like United and Hyatt, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards