This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: This offer was pulled in advance, but stay tuned for more American Express/Twitter deals.
Right now, you can essentially get $10 for free by purchasing a $25 American Express Gift Card for only $15 by March 3, 2013. Here’s how:
- You must have an American Express Card that is synced with Twitter (see sync.americanexpress.com/twitter for more details on how to sync your Card).
- You must Tweet using the hashtag #BuyAmexGiftCard25
- You must receive a response message from @AmexSync asking you to Tweet #ConfirmAmexGiftCard25
(though before this step, you might be sent a link from Amex asking you to confirm your billing address and card ID #)
- You must confirm your purchase and authorize American Express to charge your Card by Tweeting #ConfirmAmexGiftCard25
- You must receive a response message from @AmexSync confirming successful purchase
- You must receive a confirmation email from American Express stating that the product has been purchased successfully, including all purchase details.
Once your purchase is confirmed, your product will be shipped via free 2-day shipping to your shipping address.
If you do not receive a response message from @AmexSync or an email from American Express confirming your purchase, contact them or direct message them at @AskAmex. Quantity is limited. Limit one (1) purchase per Card per product. Products will be shipped via 2-day shipping. The charge will appear on your American Express statement as “Amex Sync via Links.” Program Terms and Conditions apply; click here for details.
It does not appear as if there is any fee to buy the card, and shipping is free, so no hidden fees driving up the cost there. The only thing better than earning points is earning points and getting free money. Essentially you’re getting $10 free by paying $15 for a $25 gift card that you can use just like any other Amex card. For more info, check out this CNN article explaining the partnership.
Hat Tip: TPG reader Joey. With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game.