This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
I just received a promo code for 15% off American Airlines flights from the East Coast to the Caribbean this spring for travel April 1 – June 13, 2013. Sadly, I have a trip planned at the end of March, so I won’t be able to use my code, but I hope someone can! My promo code is BLHHS5FJ46K3 (it is good for reservations of up to 6 people) and feel free to share yours if you won’t be able to use it so other TPG readers can save some cash on a trip to defrost from winter! Please comment if you’ve used a code so others don’t waste their time trying to use the same on.
You must purchase your tickets between now and January 24, 2013 using a promotional code you get in an email from the airline to get 15% off your flights.
Travel must occcur between April 1 – June 13, 2013. The promotion code requires instant purchase and may not be applied to previous reservations or reservations placed on hold, and must be used on roundtrip travel. The discount will not be applied to any government or airport imposed taxes, fees or charges – so it’s only off the fare itself. Only one promotion code may be used per reservation, for up to six people in the reservation. Roundtrip travel is defined as travel from your city to the destination, and from the same destination back to the city where you originated travel with no deviations. And you can travel to and from the following destinations:
15% off might not seem like much, but Caribbean airfares can be very expensive, and since you can use this code on reservations for up to 6 people, you could potentially save hundreds if not thousands of dollars on a family trip. Always remember to maxmize your airfare purchase by using a credit card that gives you a bonus, as I outlined in this post.
There are some pretty good flight deals, especially to Puerto Rico and the promo code actually shows in the results so you can see the reduced price as you shop.
With some great bonus categories and an annual fee that’s waived for the first year, the American Express Premier Rewards Gold Card has a lot going for it. If you don’t have PRG, now’s as good a time as any to add it to your wallet, as Amex added some great new benefits several months back.
- Receive 25,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- 3X points for flights booked directly with airlines. 2X points at US restaurants, US gas stations, and US supermarkets. 1X points on other purchases. Terms and limitations apply.
- No matter where you're traveling, when you use your Premier Rewards Gold Card there are no foreign transaction fees from American Express.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit. Up to $100 a year in baggage fees and more at one airline.
- Get a $75 hotel credit on qualifying charges, plus a room upgrade upon arrival, if available with The Hotel Collection at americanexpress.com/hc. Terms apply.
- There is a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $195.
- Terms and limitations apply. See Rates & Fees