This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
As they did right around this time last year, United and Gilt Groupe (an online luxury retailer that discounts brand-name designer products) have teamed up to offer MileagePlus members who join Gilt 1,500 bonus 1500 United award miles with their first purchase of $50 or more, and 5 miles for every $1 spent during the first 6 months of membership.
Though it says the offer is only valid for new Gilt Groupe members, I was able to join with an email address that I don’t already use with them and entered my United MileagePlus number without an issue, so we’ll see if the miles post, but can’t hurt to try!
Gilt also participates in several airline and hotel shopping portals, and right now you can earn 4 Marriott Rewards points, 2 Ultimate Rewards, 2 American miles or 2 Hilton HHonors points when redirecting to the site through one of those portals.
Meanwhile, here are the other terms and conditions:
1. This offer is only valid for new Gilt Groupe members who registered through this program.
2. A member can earn the 1,500 bonus award miles for their first transaction with Gilt Groupe. Registration with Gilt Groupe is required to earn this bonus.
3. Initial transaction must meet a $50 minimum product value (exclusive of taxes and/or shipping and handling fees) in order to qualify for the 1,500 bonus mile offer.
4. A member can earn 5 award miles per one U.S. dollar for any transaction with Gilt Groupe in the first 6 months after registration. Registration with Gilt Groupe is required to earn award miles FOR SHOPPING with Gilt Groupe.
5. This offer is only valid for new Gilt Groupe members who registered through this program.
6. This offer is not limited to members who received this email, however program registration with Gilt Groupe at is required. Registration can be closed at anytime without notice.
7. This offer is not combinable with other offers.
8. Offer subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply.
9. All MileagePlus terms and conditions apply.
10. MileagePlus MEMBERS will receive the acquisition offer (1,500 points at first purchase) one time only.
11. Gift card purchases are excluded from receiving the 1,500 bonus award miles and any points for ongoing spend.
12. Miles accrued, awards, and benefits issued are subject to change and are subject to the rules of the United MileagePlus program.
13. Please allow 6-8 weeks for miles to post to your account.
14. United may change the MileagePlus program including, but not limited to, rules, regulations, travel awards and special offers or terminate the MileagePlus program at any time and without notice.
15. Bonus award miles, award miles and any other miles earned through non-flight activity do not count or qualify for Premier® status unless expressly stated otherwise. United and its subsidiaries, affiliates and agents are not responsible for any products and services of other participating companies and partners.
16. Taxes and fees related to award travel are the responsibility of the member.
17. United and MileagePlus are registered service marks. For complete details about the MileagePlus program, go to www.united.com. The standard sign-up offer for these co-branded cards is 30,000 miles after you spend $1,000 in the first three months, so the current bonus is a significant step up. TPG values United miles at 1.5 cents apiece, so this 50,000-mile sign-up bonus gets you $750 in value.
The standard sign-up offer for these co-branded cards is 30,000 miles after you spend $1,000 in the first three months, so the current bonus is a significant step up. TPG values United miles at 1.5 cents apiece, so this 50,000-mile sign-up bonus gets you $750 in value.