Hilton and Delta just launched a new promotion offering 250 MQMs (elite qualifying miles) per stay of two nights or more when you select Delta as your double dip partner. These MQMs are in addition to the 10 Hilton points per dollar spent plus the variable regular Delta miles that you earn as a double dip partner, which varies based on the type of Hilton property.
Key Terms & Conditions:
1) To be eligible for this offer, you must select Delta Air Lines as your preferred Double Dip® Points & Miles Partner in your Hilton HHonors account profile
2) Complete a minimum 2-night stay at a hotel or resort within the Hilton Worldwide portfolio from October 1, 2012 through December 15, 2012.
3) Register online at HHonors.com/deltamqm prior to check-out.
4) Allow up to six weeks after promotion has ended for bonus miles and MQMs to be credited to your account. It’s not explicitly stated, but MQMs will post for 2012 elite qualification since that is when the activity occurred.
5) There is no limit on the MQMs earned, except your two-night or more stay must occur by December 15, 2012.
6) This is stackable with other Hilton promotions, but remember you must have Delta selected as your Double Dip partner, so this couldn’t be stacked with the current Virgin Atlantic bonus offer, for example
Earning per Hilton Brand
Bonus Delta Mileage (Variable Miles Members): For qualifying stays at HOME2 Suites by Hilton hotels, earn up to 100 bonus miles per qualifying stay + 250 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs). For all other Hilton Worldwide brands, earn 1 bonus mile for every U. S. dollar spent on a qualifying stay + 250 MQMs. Bonus Delta Mileage (Fixed Miles Members): Earn 500 bonus miles per qualifying stay + 250 MQMs at Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, Conrad Hotels & Resorts, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, DoubleTree by Hilton, Embassy Suites by Hilton, Hilton Garden Inn and Hilton Grand Vacations. Earn 100 bonus miles per qualifying stay + 250 MQMs at Hampton Inn, Hampton by Hilton and Homewood Suites by Hilton. Earn up to 100 bonus miles per qualifying stay + 250 MQMs at Home2 Suites by Hilton.
While 250 MQMs isn’t going to get you elite status on its own very soon (it would take 100 2-night stays to get Silver status at 25,000 MQMs!), these may be a lifesaver to those who are close to hitting an elite level, but don’t have enough flights planned or credit card spend to hit the threshold. Also remember that Delta allows you to rollover all MQMs that you achieve over a Medallion level, but before you hit the next level. So if you end up racking up 44,000 MQMs in 2012, you will start 2013 off with 19,000 MQMs, because that’s how many you accrued in excess of Silver (25,000) and before Gold (50,000).
Delta and Hilton basically ran the same promotion last year, so I’m not shocked by this, but I do think it’s a good opportunity for those who need some MQMs to pad their accounts, especially since Delta has really scaled back on the number of MQM and bonus mile promotions this year. Lets hope that changes as the year winds down and we all scramble to hit our elite qualification before the clocks reset January 1, 2013!
Disclaimer: The responses below are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.