This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – Starwood Preferred Guest Business Credit Card from American Express, Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card from American Express
This is just a reminder both for all you who are getting in on the Starwood Preferred Guest Personal and Business credit cards 30,000-point sign-up bonuses as well as those of you who just want some extra points, that I am giving away two sets of 30,000 Starwood points each to two lucky readers who enter by leaving a comment on the main contest page by midnight Eastern Time tonight.
-I’ll give 30,000 points away to a reader who finds the best Cash & Points (my favorite type) redemption value using a maximum 30,000 points. You need to tell me the property, the dates, and the rates you find on spg.com (they can’t be through a corporate rate or aggregator, but need to be rates published by Starwood) and Cash & Points needs to be available.
-I’ll give the second 30,000 points away to the reader who finds the best value out of those 30,000 points for free-night redemptions. No Cash & Points, this has to be a straight-up free night redemption. For example, you could do either three nights at an expensive category 4 hotel (10,000 a night) or a single night at a Category 7 (30,000 a night). I want to see the best bang for the point!
You can only win once, so there will be two individual winners, one for each category. One final disclosure: the 30,000 points have an ARV of $600, so winners will be required to complete W9 forms and pay taxes on them. Winners must already be a member of Starwood Preferred Guest, so if you’re not yet, sign up here.
A few other bloggers are also giving away thousands of bonus points as well, so be sure to enter on their pages as well:
1. Johnnyjet.com: 50,000 points to the person who comes up with the best caption for a picture.
2. Gogreentravelgreen.com: 30,000 point prize to one person.
3. Vagabondish.com: 50,000 point prize to one person.
4. Thevacationgals.com: 50,000 point prize to one person.
5. View from the Wing is giving away two sets of 30,000 points.
6. One Mile at a Time is giving away one set of 50,000 points.
Good luck with the contests, but remember, you don’t even have to enter any of them to earn a potential 60,000 Starpoints just by applying for both the Personal and Business Starwood American Express cards before September 4, 2012, when this promo ends. So you might as well start thinking about how you’d use all those Starpoints and enter my contest to win even more. Good luck!
With great transfer partners like United and Hyatt, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards