This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Iberia Plus is offering 2,500 free Avios when you get your children aged 2 to 11 to sign up for the Iberia Plus Kids program by August 31st, 2012. To take advantage of this offer, you must also fill-out the Registration Form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Don’t worry, the form is in both English and Spanish and is relatively painless– even if your youngins don’t have a passport, it seems like a Social Security Number will suffice.
If you do score this bonus, you can also create a British Airways Avios account for your children then transfer your Iberia Avios to it after 90 days. Then create a household account and combine everyone’s Avios points within the family–meaning your family Avios account could quickly add up if you have several children. One-way short haul awards start at 4,500 Avios, so in a typical household all you need is two children between the ages of 2 and 11 to get flying! You can also keep your kids Avios in the Iberia program and transfer American Express Membership Rewards directly into their account and then book awards for yourself. Iberia Avios charge less taxes/fees on some awards and Iberia releases much more award availability to their own frequent flyer members than other partner programs, including British Airways.
I recently flew a friend one-way using Iberia Avios from Miami to Madrid in Iberia economy for 37,500 Avios and ~$46 in fees. The same flight was not available when I checked the Britishairways.com Avios search and even if it was, fees would have been at least $250. I definitely recommend opening an Iberia Avios account, even if you don’t partake in this kids promotion, because it can save huge amounts of fees on awards- especially if you travel on Iberia.
With some great bonus categories and an annual fee that’s waived for the first year, the American Express Premier Rewards Gold Card has a lot going for it. If you don’t have PRG, now’s as good a time as any to add it to your wallet, as Amex added some great new benefits several months back.
- Receive 25,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- 3X points for flights booked directly with airlines. 2X points at US restaurants, US gas stations, and US supermarkets. 1X points on other purchases. Terms and limitations apply.
- No matter where you're traveling, when you use your Premier Rewards Gold Card there are no foreign transaction fees from American Express.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit. Up to $100 a year in baggage fees and more at one airline.
- Get a $75 hotel credit on qualifying charges, plus a room upgrade upon arrival, if available with The Hotel Collection at americanexpress.com/hc. Terms apply.
- There is a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $195.
- Terms and limitations apply. See Rates & Fees