This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
During the 2012 London Olympic Games, Chase and Visa will be hosting a VIP Lounge located at 116 Pall Mall in London’s West End (between the Charing Cross Tube station and Buckingham Palace) where cardholders will get to meet Olympic athletes, enjoy food wine and beer, try celebrity chef Morimoto’s cuisine and enjoy free WiFi and 10 HDTV’s broadcasting various events.
The lounge will be open every day from 10:00 am – midnight from July 27-August 12. There is no cost to cardholders to get in. They just need to show their Visa issued by Chase for entrance for themselves and up to 5 guests depending on space. Space is limited, however, so it’s recommended to reserve a spot and a special welcome gift by RSVP-ing.
Among the amenities will be a selection of food throughout the day including continental breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks; beverages such as beer, wine, soda, coffee and more; lounge seating, bathrooms and a coat check (it maybe summer, but hey, this is London; and free WiFi).
The lounge will also feature small bites by “Iron Chef” Masaharu Morimoto at certain dining times listed on the calendar here for which cardholders can reserve spaces for up to 6 guests at a time; and there will be athlete appearances every day—you might even get to meet Mr. Olympics himself, Michael Phelps, who is part of Team Visa.
Not that you’ll be spending the entire Olympics hanging out here, but it’s nice to know that if you’re out and about in the city, you’ll have a place to pop into for some free snacks and WiFi.
Among the cards that should be eligible for this event are the following Visas issued by Chase:
British Airways Visa
United MileagePlus Explorer
Even after the introduction of the Chase Sapphire Reserve, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is still a fantastic choice if you want to avoid the Reserve’s $450 annual fee, earn 2x on all travel & dining and earn a 50,000 point sign up bonus.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards