This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
To celebrate the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee (that’s 60 years for you anglophiles out there) which is being held from June 2-5, British Airways is offering royal-watchers the chance to fly roundtrip from select US gateways to London and Manchester for just $1,952 roundtrip in Club World (business class), all fees and taxes included.
Now the specifics. First, the sale started today and only runs until 11:59pm Pacific time on Friday, May 18, and is for travel that starts on or after May 23 and is completed by June 9.
To book the special fare and see the various gateways, go the sale’s landing page at ba.com/1952.
I just wanted to check it out and make sure that the fare worked for various routes, so I did sample bookings from Miami to London Heathrow and from San Diego to London Heathrow from May 29-June 5 (you know, in case you want to wish the old bird congratulations in person during the actual events of the Jubilee), and actually found flights for $1,947.60 from both cities!
Is that cheap? No, but, compared to the $4,000-$6,000 these seats can usually go for, it’s not a bad deal at all—especially since coach tickets to the UK this summer are up around the $1,100-$1,200 mark, so you’d only be spending $700 more for a far superior product. That’s a deal in my book.
Here are the gateway cities listed on the landing page:
New York JFK
And here are the rest of the T&C:
Airfare Terms and Conditions
- Offer can be booked online at ba.com or through a travel agent. If you book through a
British Airways call center, you will be charged an additional $25 per ticket for processing.
- $1952 promotional transatlantic business class fares quoted are round-trip, select “I” class fares for travel May 26, 2012 through June 9, 2012, inclusive, from select US gateway cities to London and Manchester on British Airways services or on British Airways code-share services operated by American Airlines to London and Manchester only (Class of travel between London and Manchester is Domestic/Economy). British Airways flights departing to and from Houston, Las Vegas, Orlando, Phoenix and Tampa are excluded from this offer and there is limited availability on British Airways flights from Chicago. Flights operated by any other BA code-share or franchise carriers do not qualify for this promotion. All travel must be completed by June 9, 2012.
- Fares may be higher from other US gateways and to other destinations.
- Round-trip promotional fares quoted include government fees and taxes, correct as of May 16, 2012, a $2.50 September 11th Security Fee and airline surcharges.
- For new bookings only made May 16-18, 2012.
- Refunds from previously purchased higher fare types not permitted.
- A Saturday night stay is required.
- Changes to itineraries booked in business class are permitted, prior to the ticketed departure time of each flight for a fee of $500 per ticket, subject to availability. The itinerary will be re-priced using fares in effect on the date the ticket is reissued and must meet all rule provisions of the newly ticketed fare.
- Please refer to airfare rules of flights selected before completion of payment.
- Executive Club members can earn Avios points per the terms and conditions of the Executive Club.
- Infant without seat will pay 10% of the adult fare and infant with a seat pays 75% of the adult fare (infant seat discount not applicable to/from London City Airport (LCY)).
- Child pays 75% of the adult fare (child seat discount not applicable to/from London City Airport (LCY)).
- Unaccompanied minors permitted for a $75 surcharge each way.
- Open to US residents paying in US dollars only, with travel beginning and ending in the US.
- Limited availability of flights at sale prices. Individual travel dates are subject to availability. Promotional travel is subject to availability and capacity control, and availability may be limited over holidays and peak periods. The number of seats available on each flight at a particular fare may be restricted and it is possible that seats allocated to a particular fare on a particular flight may be fully booked even though seats are still available for sale at a different fare or booking class in the same cabin.
- All travel on BA operated flights is subject to BA’s General Conditions of Carriage for Passengers and Baggage (see ba.com) and the notice and conditions of contract contained on each ticket and itinerary. Passengers carried by American Airlines are subject to AA’s conditions of carriage, which can be found on AA.com.
- Cannot be combined with any other offer.
- This offer may be withdrawn or limited by British Airways without notice.
- Other significant restrictions may apply.