This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
While I may not be the luckiest person when it comes to contests, almost every time I post about them I end up getting emails from TPG readers who end up wining. Last year one TPG winner won big in the Southwest 10 million point giveaway and recently a TPG reader emailed me that he had won one of the free British Airways tickets to Europe!
So now one of you needs to make me proud and win a million US Airways Dividend Miles and a hooked up Disney vacation! This is for US residents only and residents of New York, Florida, Rhode Island and Puerto Rico and other U.S. possessions or territories are not eligible. If you are obsessive you can enter once a day, everyday, from April 9 – June 4, 2012.
The reported value of the prize is $30,000, so you’d most likely be hit with a hefty tax bill, but it could still be worth it- especially if you could argue with the valuation of the million miles, which I imagine is the bulk of the $30,000.
- PRIZE DETAILS: One (1) grand prize consisting of one million (1,000,000) US Airways Dividend Miles bonus miles (“Prize”), One (1) VIP Disney Vacation consisting of four (4) First Class tickets to Orlando from within the U.S. on US Airways, A four (4) night stay in a Walt Disney World® Resort, Four (4) Walt Disney World® VIP tours, Four (4) 4-Day Magic Your Way Tickets with Park Hopper® Option, One (1) $500 (five hundred dollar) Disney Gift Card will be awarded by random drawing following the close of the Sweepstakes. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the Prize is $30,000. Should the actual value of the Prize be less than the AVR stated, the difference will not be awarded in cash. Bonus miles and Disney VIP Package subject to additional terms described below. Sponsor is not liable for any expense incurred as a consequence of a flight cancellation or flight delay. Other restrictions and blackout dates may apply. Winners are responsible for all insurance, federal, state and local taxes, if any, and any applicable fees, service charges, surcharges or passenger facility charges, gratuities, meals, incidentals and any other unspecified expenses associated with acceptance or use of the Prize. Prize is provided “as is” and without any warranty of any kind. Prize is non-transferable. No cash redemption or prize substitution is allowed by the winner. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if the advertised Prize becomes unavailable.
Even after the introduction of the Chase Sapphire Reserve, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is still a fantastic choice if you want to avoid the Reserve’s $450 annual fee, earn 2x on all travel & dining and earn a 50,000 point sign up bonus.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards