This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Starwood Preferred Guest has been mum on their new promotion, which begins on May 1, 2012 – simply stating that we will have a “choice” on benefits to earn during the promotion. However, last night they slipped a couple promotion hints on their Facebook page:
1) There will be 11 different options
2) Options will include bonus points, free nights, merchandise, elite credits
3) One option will be double points after the first stay
4) All participating SPG properties will take part in this promotion, which is a huge improvement over the most recent promotions that excluded entire regions
Double points doesn’t jazz me up that much, because I was getting double and triple points during their last promotion, but I’m curious to see the elite status and other benefits. I do like the choice aspect and wish they’d bring back the You Choose promotion of fall 2008, during which I racked up 50,000 bonus points from 20 one-night stays.
Update: It looks like the choices have leaked out per this Flyertalk thread:
Choose your own earning period (You can only choose one)
Choose whatever you want to earn during (You can only choose one)
Awards (Free Nights & Redemption discounts)
*There is no switching of registration codes or earning periods after registration. No exceptions.
* Registration from May 1- June 30, 2012
Here is a summary of the offers:
Double Points beginning with 2nd stay. No limits.
Every 6 nights, get 3k Starpoints (max of 9k)
Earn 500 bonus Starpoints per night at Sheratons worldwide (no limits). Online-bookings ONLY
Stay 15 nights, get Triple Starpoints on all stays retroactively. No limits.
10 nights, get 1 Free Weekend Night (cat 1-5). Max of 2 Awards. Weekends are Thurs, Fri, Sat, and Sun.
Stay 20 nights, get 1 25% percent off redemption Award (cat 1-5). Max of 2 Awards
Merchandise Awards –
Stay 4 nights; get US$50 SPG Award Cert (max of 3)
Stay 4 nights; get $50 or EUR50 Westin @ home discount code (max of 3)
Stay 4 nights, get $50 or EUR50 Sheraton @ home discount code (max of 3)
Stay 5 nights, earn 1 bonus night toward elite status (max of 3 elite qualifying nights).
Stay 10 nights, earn 3 bonus nights toward elite status (max of 6 nights).
With great transfer partners like United and Hyatt, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards