This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
I’ll be speaking about maximizing miles and points at several upcoming events, so I wanted to personally invite TPG readers to each. I am speaking for free at all of these events, so my main goal is making sure the room isn’t empty when I start extolling the benefits of transferable points and how to get the most bang for your point! In all seriousness, I really enjoy meeting readers, so please feel free to attend any of these events and discuss our obsessive hobby with me – you know I won’t judge you like some of your friends and family might!
The Freddie Awards: Thursday April 26, 2012, held at the Renaissance Newark. Airport. This is the premier award ceremony for travel loyalty programs and millions of votes are cast by travelers around the world for their favorite airline, hotel and credit card promotions, starting February 15. Fellow blogger Gary Leff asked me to be on the nominations committee, so we’ve been working diligently behind the scenes to get the massive vote underway. I’ve arranged to get a table for TPG readers, so stay tuned on how you can snag a seat to the hottest award show in Newark!
Frequent Traveler University: Following the Freddies Friday-Sunday April 27-29, 2012, there will be workshops on miles and points by the top experts and many chances to meet representatives from the top airline and hotel programs. Registration opens February 10 at 4pm MST and more details will be posted on Milepoint here.
Chicago Seminars: October 12-14, 2012. This is another grassroots conference weekend with both beginner and advanced workshops on how to maximize the points and miles game. Registration will be up within the next week or so. I’m co-hosting the event with fellow blogger and friend Rick a.k.a The Frugal Travel Guy and it’s sure to be a great weekend filled with over 500 mileage
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards