This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
After four very busy days, several flights (and a few mechanical failures), 10,794 flight miles and touring American Airlines’ and Boeing’s facilities in Dallas and Seattle respectively, it was time to wrap up the first ever Oneworld Megado in Los Angeles.
Flight Path Museum
In the afternoon, we all met up at the little known Flight Path Museum near LAX to check out exhibits on aviation history at LAX including some wacky flight attendant uniforms and sip wine chosen by American Airlines’ wine consultant, Ken Chase.
At one point I looked out the window and saw two behemoth airplanes pulling up – a Qantas A380 and Cathay Pacific 777. As if the week wasn’t packed with enough aviation overload, I guess the event planners wanted to make the true plane nuts spontaneously combust.
We were pretty much given free rein to walk around the Cathay Pacific 777 including the business class I flew this summer, and the massive Qantas A380. Talk about kids in a candy shop.
That’s All, Folks
And that was it! Oneworld Megado #1 came to an end in the late afternoon, everyone parted ways to either spend a Saturday night in LA, or, like Seatmate Contest winner Conor, to hop aboard another flight or one last mileage run to take advantage of American’s January Double EQM promotion.
Final final plane porn pics:
With some great bonus categories and an annual fee that’s waived for the first year, the American Express Premier Rewards Gold Card has a lot going for it. If you don’t have PRG, now’s as good a time as any to add it to your wallet, as Amex added some great new benefits several months back.
- Receive 25,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- 3X points for flights booked directly with airlines. 2X points at US restaurants, US gas stations, and US supermarkets. 1X points on other purchases. Terms and limitations apply.
- No matter where you're traveling, when you use your Premier Rewards Gold Card there are no foreign transaction fees from American Express.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit. Up to $100 a year in baggage fees and more at one airline.
- Get a $75 hotel credit on qualifying charges, plus a room upgrade upon arrival, if available with The Hotel Collection at americanexpress.com/hc. Terms apply.
- There is a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $195.
- Terms and limitations apply.
- See Rates & Fees