This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – Citi ThankYou Premier
Out of nowhere, Citi cut the sign-up bonus for their Thank You Premiercard from 50,000 to 30,000 points. 50,000 points were worth $665 in travel and now 30,000 equates to $399. While 30,000 isn’t really noteworthy these days, it’s also not horrible for a card that has the first year waived – especially if you use those $399 to buy a mileage run worthy fare that can net you a boatload of miles and elite miles.
I am kicking myself because I wanted to get the Premier at 50,000 as part of my 2012 credit card strategy, but I was holding off until I got closer to meeting the $5,000 spend on my Ink Bold card- since I really value those 50,000 points because they can be transferred to a bunch of partners like United and Hyatt. I even had the application up in my browser at one point last week, but I was going to hold off on my next round of applications until this week. Just goes to show that you snooze, you lose in the credit card game.
That being said, I’m not totally upset about it. Citi changes the bonus on that card every couple months so I’ll probably just wait and see if it goes back to 50,000.
- For a limited time, earn 50,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles after making $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening*
- First checked bag is free on domestic American Airlines itineraries for you and up to four companions traveling with you on the same reservation*
- Enjoy Group 1 Boarding on American Airlines flights*
- No Foreign Transaction Fees on purchases.1
- Receive 25% savings on in-flight food and beverage purchases when you use your card on American Airlines flights*
- Double AAdvantage® miles on eligible American Airlines purchases*
- Earn 10% of your redeemed AAdvantage® miles back — up to 10,000 AAdvantage® miles each calendar year*