This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
UPDATE: Deal Dead
Vayama.com is currently running a sale on European fares and several savvy Slickdeal and Flyertalk members have uncovered super cheap fares to Brussels from multple US cities including NYC, Boston, Washington, Chicago and LA.
I plugged in a random date and got $337 total, which is pretty good for European fares these days. Even if you don’t want to go to Brussels, it’s centrally located enough to be able to Eurostar or get cheap flights to other European destinations. Be sure to check that the fare code you book earns miles in your preferred Star Alliance frequent flyer program. Star Alliance dictates that the fare rules of the operating carrier determine whether you earn miles or not.
Even after the introduction of the Chase Sapphire Reserve, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is still a fantastic choice if you want to avoid the Reserve’s $450 annual fee, earn 2x on all travel & dining and earn a 50,000 point sign up bonus.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards