This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – The Business Platinum Card from American Express OPEN
American Express increased the sign-up bonus on the Business Platinum card today from 0 to 25,000 points, after you spend $5,000 within the first three months. While 25,000 isn’t necessarily “amazing deal” material, it’s a decent bonus for a card Amex hasn’t really marketed in the past year. Some TPG readers have emailed me about lucrative targeted offers for up to 100,000 sign-up bonus points on this card, but I never seem lucky enough to be eligible for any of those offers.
The Business Platinum basically has the same core benefits as the personal card: $200 yearly airline rebate, Delta, American and US Airways lounge access, Priority Pass Select membership (require enrollment), Free Global Entry, Fine Hotels & Resorts and 1.25 cents per point when you redeem with Pay Per Points. You can read my entire Platinum card review here. There is currently a 50,000 point bonus for the personal Platinum if a current card member refers you.
In addition to those core benefits, the Business Platinum also gives you access to American Express’ Open Savings program, which automatically gives you discounts when you use your card at certain vendors: for example 3% at Hyatt, 5% at Courtyard by Marriott, 5% at Airtran, 10% at Hertz, 5% at Office Max and 5% at Fedex.
The annual fee is $450, which can easily be recouped in value if you maximize the benefits of the card – especially the first year with the 25,000 point bonus (those alone are worth over $450 in my eyes if you use them to their maximum value).
With great transfer partners like United and Hyatt, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards