This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
As a New Yorker, I’m used to shelling out major cash when flying into LaGuardia, because there are no real good public transit options to Manhattan and Brooklyn. On a good day with no traffic, you are looking at around $25 for a cab to central Manhattan, with bad days more than double that. Black car service, which is convenient because you can avoid the long taxi-lines, is usually $50 and up.
However, Ben just wrote about an awesome the popular online flash sale site Jetsetter, which is owned by Gilt Groupe. If you follow the instructions below, you can get $25 in credit when you sign up for Jetsetter as a new member, which can be applied to already reduced price airport pickups in New York, Chicago, San Francisco and Las Vegas. For example, LaGuardia to Manhattan comes to $4 total including tax after you use your $25 in sign-up credit!
FYI Gilt recently offered a recent United deal, (by the way, my miles just posted) however, these aren’t stackable to my knowledge because the United deal requires signing up via their link, which does not give you $25 in credit.
1) Sign-up via a referral link. This one is mine, but feel free to use any others in the comments section of this post (feel free to post yours once you sign up).
2) After you enter your email address in, it will prompt you to enter in the email address of friends and then teach you about Jetsetter. Close those windows (wait until after to invite your friends, because this deal may not last).
3) Click the sign-up button in the top right. This is important! All it will ask is that you create a password- no other information is needed and it only takes a 10 seconds.
4) Once you are all signed up, the $25 should appear in your account instantly. If not, sign out and then back in.
5) Once the $25 is there, click on the GroundLink Car Service sale and go through with your purchase. As you’ll see below, mine came to only $4 for LaGuardia to Manhattan, which is an amazing deal. Or you can get their mobile credit of $75 for only $35, which comes to $10 after your credit!
Within a minute I had an email with a voucher number and the following details:
|Jetsetter Order #:||12345|
|Property Information:||GroundLink Car Service
134 West 37th Street
Major Cities, United States
|Certificate Description:||LGA Transfer Voucher – This voucher is good for a one-way airport transfer to/from Manhattan (LGA); includes tax and gratuity.|
|Certificate Policies:||This voucher is good for a one-way airport transfer to/from Manhattan (LGA); includes tax and gratuity.
After receiving an initial confirmation e-mail from Jetsetter, followed by another email with your Jetsetter Certificate code, you will receive a third e-mail from Jetsetter Reservations with your unique GroundLink code. This is what you’ll use to book on GroundLink.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
|Intro APR||Regular APR||Annual Fee||Foreign Transaction Fee||Credit Rating|
|N/A||16.24%-23.24% Variable||Introductory Annual Fee of $0 the first year, then $95||0%||Excellent Credit|