Just a friendly reminder that tomorrow, Friday December 16, 2011 will be the last day to take advantage of the amazing Delta 100% transfer miles promotion. Link to promo. Link to my original post on the deal.
A couple things from my experience:
1) The miles transfer instantly
2) The bonus miles post instantly
3) These fees do not trigger the American Express Platinum Card $200 airline rebate. So if you are looking to use those $200 by December 31, this won’t work.
4) While Delta miles can be hard to use, buying them at 1.1 cents a piece is a bargain – especially if you value international business class travel. However, some TPG readers have reported getting 3 points per dollar when using the Amex Premier Rewards Gold card that gives 3x points on all “airfare”.
5) You can transfer 150,000 and receive up to 300,000 miles a year. That does not include bonus miles, so with this promo you could receive up to 600,000 miles.
Feel free to ask any questions. While they run promotions a lot, you never know when it’ll be the last time. If buying a round trip business class ticket to Europe for $1,100 seems like a good deal, or going to Europe and Mauritius for $1,300 or Asia for $1,300- then you should get in on this deal. It will take some time to figure out how to best redeem Delta miles, but once you unlock the secret you’ll wish you would have purchased as many of these miles as possible for 1.1 cents a piece!
Disclaimer: This content is not provided or commissioned by the credit card issuer. Opinions expressed here are author.s alone, not those of the credit card issuer, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the credit card issuer. This site may be compensated through the credit card issuer Affiliate Program.
Previous post: Reactivate Expired American Airlines Miles Promotion