This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Club Carlson, the loyalty program for Radisson and Country Inn & Suites, has been on the rise recently. With the launch of many new Radisson and Radisson Blu upscale properties, they are heavily promoting their loyalty program.
They even recently launched a new program to buy points. Historically, the only way to get points was by hotel stays or partner activities, though now they are selling points at .7 cents a piece ($7 for 1,000). This may be of interest to those who want to use them as a hit in next year’s US Airways Grand Slam (assuming there is one). 8,000 Club Carlson points = 1,000 US Airways miles.
Buying them outright would cost $56, but Deals We Like recently highlighted a unique way to get 4,500 Club Carlson points just for signing up – via TGI Fridays.
1) Sign-up for the TGI Fridays frequent eater? program here. Print your membership card and write down your Stripes number.
2) Then sign up for Club Carlson using this link and enter your Stripes number and you’ll get 4,500 points just for signing up. Points should post 6-8 weeks after registration and hopefully sooner.
Club Carlson is also offering a whopping 50,000 point bonus if you stay a single night at a US/Canada/Caribbean Radisson or Radisson Blu hotel. Make sure you register here and complete your stay by December 30, 2011.
Club Carlson free nights start at 9,000 points and top tier hotels, like the Radisson Blu Paris Champs Elysee are 50,000 points. They even have a points and cash option which might make sense, though I’m not sure because the cash amount varies.
Even after the introduction of the Chase Sapphire Reserve, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is still a fantastic choice if you want to avoid the Reserve’s $450 annual fee, earn 2x on all travel & dining and earn a 50,000 point sign up bonus.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards