This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
You might have seen the earlier video post on Tuesday from last weekend’s frequent flyer seminar in Chicago where I explained a few key points terms to the audience as a kind of glossary refresher course.
I also wanted to share this video of the introduction to my main talk, on the ins and outs of the American Express Membership Rewards program, and all the different ways you can take advantage of the program to get the awards tickets, hotel stays and other benefits you want.
Keep in mind this was an informal speech, so I do take a few questions and have some back and forth with the audience, and I also had it filmed on a handheld Flip video. So yes, it’s not the smoothest viewing experience. But like my presentation, this video contains tons of useful information on a lot of topics within the Membership Rewards programs including:
-The different types of points: transferable, branded and fixed-value
-The different types of Amex cards and their benefits
-All the airline partners to which you can transfer Membership Rewards points
-Category bonuses for spending at certain types of retailers or institutions like restaurants or charity donations
-How to transfer those points between people
-Earning points advances
And lots more – so pay attention because it moves fast, and as always, let me know if you have any questions!
While this premium card has one of the highest annual fees on the market, it has several valuable perks that could make it worthwhile, depending on your travel patterns. These include a $200 annual airline rebate, lounge access, free Hilton Gold status and free Starwood Preferred Guest Gold status.
- Earn 40,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $3,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- 5X points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 a year for baggage fees and more at one airline. Terms Apply.
- As a Platinum Card Member, you can enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations worldwide. Terms Apply.
- Enroll to enjoy the benefits of complimentary Hilton HHonors™ Gold Status with your Platinum Card.®
- No interest charges because you pay your balance in full each month.
- Terms and Conditions apply.
- See Rates & Fees