Last week I wrote about American’s new promotion offering double miles (including elite) for California, Illinois and Texas residents who fly between Dallas and Chicago and San Francisco and Los Angeles. In typical airline copy-cat style, United has almost matched this promo for the Chicago to California routes.
Registration required and you must have a California or Illinois address in your Mileage Plus account.They also restrict this promotion to W fares or higher, so it might make sense to pay a little more to buy up to W to get the double miles (or not if you are looking for the absolute cheapest fares).
Travel and ticketing: November 3, 2011 through and January 31, 2012.
Qualifying booking classes: F, A, J, C, D, Z, Y, B, M, E, U, H, Q, V and W.
Travel period: Register now and fly all qualifying roundtrips by January 31, 2012
Terms and Conditions:
1. Offer valid only for MileagePlus® and OnePass® members residing in Illinois or California. Residency will be determined by the primary address listed on the member’s account at the time of registration.
2. Offer valid on round-trip itineraries for nonstop flights between Chicago O’Hare (ORD) airport and Los Angeles (LAX) or San Francisco (SFO) or Orange County (SNA). Itineraries with connecting flights into or out of ORD, LAX, SFO or SNA are eligible for this promotion however the bonus applies only to the segments between ORD and LAX, SFO or SNA.
3. Registration is required before travel at www.united.com/offer/mpdb71.
4. Members will earn double elite status miles (EQM) and double award miles on all paid published fares in F, A, J, C, D, Z, Y, B, M, E, U, H, Q, V and W booking classes. Offer not valid on government fares.
5. Offer valid on flights operated by United, United Express, Continental® or Continental Express®. Offer is not valid on United or Continental-marketed codeshare flights operated by other carriers
6. Travel period: November 3, 2011 through January 31, 2012.
7. Ticketing period: November 3, 2011 through January 31, 2012.
8. Participation in this offer does not guarantee elite status.
9. E-Ticket® purchase required.
10. Double EQM and double bonus award miles are defined as two times the actual base flight miles credited to the account for qualifying flights taken during the offer period.
11. Offer may be earned an unlimited number of times during the offer period.
12. EQM and bonus award miles will be credited 6-8 weeks after qualifying activity.
13. EQM earned in 2011 will count towards the elite status for the 2012 membership year; EQM earned in 2012 will count toward towards elite status for the 2013 membership year.
14. This offer does not apply to class-of-service bonus miles, elite bonus miles, other promotional award miles or promotional EQM.
15. Offer is not combinable with other non-combinable offers.
16. Passenger must be a member of United’s MileagePlus or OnePass frequent flyer program for travel to qualify for this offer. Flights must be credited to the MileagePlus or OnePass account in order to qualify.
17. EQM cannot be redeemed for award travel.
18. Offer subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply.
19. Award miles accrued, awards issued and bonus offers are subject to the rules of the United MileagePlus program. The MileagePlus program, including accruals, awards and bonus mile offers, is subject to change without notice. Taxes and fees related to award travel are the responsibility of the passenger. United, Continental, and MileagePlus are registered service mark. For complete details about the Mileage Plus program visit mileageplus.com.
Disclaimer: This content is not provided or commissioned by the credit card issuer. Opinions expressed here are author.s alone, not those of the credit card issuer, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the credit card issuer. This site may be compensated through the credit card issuer Affiliate Program.