This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Delta recently launched two targeted promotions:
1) A 100% rebate when you transfer miles. I’ve been told this offer is only eligible to people who received an email directly from Delta. The bonus miles get deposited into the account of the person who initiates the transaction. So if I were to transfer 60,000 miles to my Dad for $630, he’d get those 60,000 plus I’d get 60,000 back. Essentially, it allows you to buy miles for as low as 1.1 cents a piece. As I wrote about yesterday, my favorite Delta award is flying to Europe and Africa for 120,000 SkyMiles in business class. Through this promotion, those 120,000 points would cost $1,260!
¹Eligibility: This offer is open only to the recipients of original email. Offer is not transferable and cannot be combined with any o10ther offers. Transaction must be completed between November 14, 2011 and November 30, 2011 to receive the 100% mileage bonus. The 100% mileage bonus offer expires at 11:59pm CST on November 30, 2011. The 100% mileage bonus will be awarded to the transfer donor’s account and will post to the account within 24 hours after the completed transaction. The donor’s mileage bonus will equal 100% of his or her mileage transfer. Offer does not apply to miles purchased under the SkyMiles Buy Miles or Gift Miles programs.
Transfer Miles may only be donated and received by SkyMiles accounts that have been established for at least 10 days and have earned at least one automatically posted mile since enrolling in the Delta SkyMiles program. Each member is limited to transferring no more than 150,000 miles from his or her account and no recipient may receive more than 300,000 transferred miles from any other SkyMiles program account or combination of accounts in any calendar year. Any miles beyond this limit will not be transferred from member’s account or posted to any recipient’s account.
Limit per transaction: Up to four recipients- each can receive up to 30,000 miles.
2) A 100% buy miles promotion for Delta American Express cardholders. Delta sells miles at 3.5 cents a piece, so this bonus brings that down to 1.75 cents a piece. Not a great deal and certainly less lucrative than #1.
Eligibility: This offer is open only to basic Delta SkyMiles Credit Cardmembers from American Express. Additional Cardmembers are not eligible. Basic Cardmember must log on to the Buy Miles landing page on delta.com and purchase miles in order to receive the 100% mileage bonus. Offer is not transferable and cannot be combined with any other offers. Buy Miles purchase must be made with a Delta SkyMiles Credit Card from American Express between November 1, 2011 and December 31, 2011 to earn the 100% mileage bonus. The 100% bonus mile offer expires at 11:59 CST on December 31, 2011. Offer does not apply to miles transferred under the SkyMiles Transfer Miles program. Bonus miles for Buy Miles transactions will be awarded to the purchaser’s SkyMiles account. The 100% mileage bonus will post to the account within 24 hours of purchase.
If you are a Delta flyer who is looking to bank some extra miles this card is a great addition for your wallet. While you'll earn 2 miles per dollar on Delta purchases and 1 mile per dollar on everything else, you'll also have access to other perks like priority boarding, a first bag checked free and 20% off in-flight purchases.
- Earn 30,000 bonus miles after you make $1,000 in purchases on your new Card within your first 3 months and a $50 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months.
- Earn 2 Miles per dollar spent on purchases made directly with Delta. Earn 1 mile for every dollar spent on all other eligible purchases.
- Check your first bag free on every Delta flight - that's a savings of up to $200 per round trip for a family of four.
- Settle in sooner with Priority Boarding.
- Enjoy a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $95.
- Terms and Conditions apply.
- See Rates & Fees