Not to sound like a broken record, but today is the last day before Avios points replace Executive Club miles. This isn’t the end of the world if:
1) You want to use British Airways miles to fly on British Airways flights
2) You have a British Airways 2-4-1 voucher, which mandates that you do #1
3) Want to redeem your points for short haul flights
4) Want to redeem for domestic/Hawaii awards (except maybe East coast to Hawaii)
5) I could be wrong about all of these, because we still don’t know exactly what will be announced tomorrow!
That’s right- while I guessed what the new program will be last week, technically nothing will be officially announced until Avios Day 1- November 16, 2011. Who knows, there may even be some lucrative new awards out there – I can’t make any official judgements until I get the details and I’ll share them as soon as I know.
So if you want to plan a crazy South America trip to Easter Island or fly Cathay Pacific First Class (which is amazing) for 150,000 miles roundtrip from North America to almost anywhere is Asia, then redeem today!
Related reading: Video Blog Post: Master British Airways Award Clinic
Disclaimer: This content is not provided or commissioned by the credit card issuer. Opinions expressed here are author.s alone, not those of the credit card issuer, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the credit card issuer. This site may be compensated through the credit card issuer Affiliate Program.
Previous post: Last Day to Generate US Airways Grand Slam Activity
Next post: Korean Air Bungles Palau Fare Mixup