This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
What’s that saying – better late than never? Just kidding Hyatt, I’m very happy you finally launched an iPhone app (the Android app is still in development)! I haven’t gotten a chance to use it too much, but it’s got really sleek graphics and shows current reservations, Gold Passport balance and has the ability to book, check-in and check-out of hotels.
I’d like to have the ability to scroll through my Gold Passport account activity, right now it’s simply a statement summary. Also, it doesn’t let you see what type of rooms you have reserved – it simply shows check-in, check-out and number of rooms (and has a cancel button). I like the Starwood app, because it’ll show you the current room type you are in – including whether you’ve been upgraded. I have an upcoming stay where I used a Diamond Suite Upgrade certificate, so it would be nice to see that reflected in the reservation.
Oh well, it’s at least a good start! Though I do wish companies would invest less in flashiness and more in functionality, but I’m sure the good folks at Hyatt are already working on an update.
Even after the introduction of the Chase Sapphire Reserve, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is still a fantastic choice if you want to avoid the Reserve’s $450 annual fee, earn 2x on all travel & dining and earn a 50,000 point sign up bonus.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards